Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

Very interesting........

"

Eight Wales players are one yellow card away from suspension. They are Chris Gunter, James Lawrence, Ethan Ampadu, Joe Allen, Joe Morrell, Harry Wilson, Sorba Thomas and Aaron Ramsey.

If any of those are booked against Belarus, they will be suspended for Tuesday's match against Belgium.

Any players who avoid a caution against Belarus but are booked against Belgium will be banned for the play-off semi-final in March, played over one leg - but it is believed Uefa's member associations are lobbying for that rule to be changed."

Would play the strongest side against Denmark regardless of bookings instead of dealing with hypotheticals. Players who are on a booking may be mindful but you can still effect the game without going in for silly challenges and getting daft bookings. You could rest someone on Monday and then they're injured for the play off game. Play to win - always - Roll on Monday!

2 hours ago, bleedingums said:

At the very least, if pts against the bottom team are being discounted, then so should bookings.

Just realised that this wouldn’t affect us! We didn’t get any yellows in first game against Moldova and only Patterson got booked yesterday and will be suspended on Monday. Still think that’s the least they could do to be fair.

I’m looking forward to the game. It’s all very well beating Moldova but I want to see how we do against the top seed. If we do well, that’s what gives you confidence ahead of the upcoming play-offs, which will also be against decent sides.

What a load of nonsense i'm reading here, play the best team and hopefully get the points needed to be seeded. If we have to play vs 2 seeded teams there is next to no chance we are going to qualify. I'd rather be missing a couple of players playing Finland or North Macedonia rather than a full strength team vs Croatia followed by Poland.

Edited by red23

Can only assume the folk who are incensed at a Ralston call up haven't seen very much of him this season. Not saying he deserves to be first choice, but he's improved massively and is definitely worthy of a call up. Of course whether or not his upturn in form is solely down to Ange's system suiting him/mitigating his weaknesses remains to be seen. He's not quite at the level where you feel at complete ease when he has the ball - he's still capable of a mistake, but given our right back options he deserves to be in amongst it. 

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

Can only assume the folk who are incensed at a Ralston call up haven't seen very much of him this season. Not saying he deserves to be first choice, but he's improved massively and is definitely worthy of a call up. Of course whether or not his upturn in form is solely down to Ange's system suiting him/mitigating his weaknesses remains to be seen. He's not quite at the level where you feel at complete ease when he has the ball - he's still capable of a mistake, but given our right back options he deserves to be in amongst it. 

He has his limitations but he’s improved massively this year. Surely a better bet than SOD. 

7 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

No, I'm definitely not 100% on it, I'm basing it on a sketchy memory of how they have done it previously.  It would be extremely unfair for teams who've played 2 more games to have to carry bookings into the playoffs though.

Meh, they've also had two more games to serve and clear suspensions in. Works both ways.

A few quotes maybe worth paying attention to.

I think in the game I watched he gave the ball away once in 95 minutes. That's what impressed me more than anything. Because on Monday night (against Denmark) if he is called on to play that position, we are going to have some of the ball and he is going to have to step in and have possession. That was on my mind when I was looking at him. He is suited to the system we play so it's a perfect fit.

John Carver on John Souttar

We probably need to get something from the game on Monday to try and get that seeding so Monday night is a really important game for us. We also want to keep the momentum going, we want to make sure we put on a good show on Monday night and get something from that game as well so that we go into March in a really good frame of mind.

It’s a difficult one, it’s part and parcel of any qualification campaign is that you have to deal with the yellow cards. We mentioned earlier about the depth of the squad and sometimes your squad’s tested. We’ve shown that we can be missing to or three players and still be very competitive so that’s how we’ll look at it.

Steve Clarke on Denmark

8 hours ago, Fratelli said:

What about those of us who've seen him, appreciate that he's clearly better going forward and quite well suited to Postecoglu's organised chaos attacking style but have seen him still be defensively awful under any pressure and recognise him as a liability against a decent team.

Can't really see how there can be "disgust" at Ralstons inclusion. I'm as surprised as anyone of his recent form, but right back isnt a strong area for us really. Who else would folk call up? Rooney maybe?

Defensively, Joakim Maehle will tear any of our RBs apart. He's a player who has impressed me hugely every time I have seen him. 

Copenhagen. Striker Jonas Wind will not play in the last World Cup qualifier on Monday against Scotland away. He has a minor muscle injury and will be replaced by Alexander Bah (Slavia Prague).

https://www.berlingske.dk/sport/alexander-bah-erstatter-jonas-wind-i-landsholdstruppen

Super league top scorer Mikael Uhre from Brøndby and FC Copenhagen's strong midfielder Jens Stage have been selected for the Danish A national team, which meets Scotland in the World Cup qualifiers on Monday. They replace Jesper Lindstrøm and Mohamed Daramy.

https://www.berlingske.dk/sport/hjulmand-udtager-uhre-og-stage-til-landsholdet

Midfielder Christian Nørgaard received a yellow card in the match against the Faroe Islands and is suspended for the last match. Hjulmand has not yet decided whether he will call in a replacement for Nørgaard. He must also find out if Pierre-Emile Højbjerg can be ready to play against the Scots.

https://www.berlingske.dk/sport/hjulmand-vi-er-forbandede-over-det-faeroeske-maal

Add to all that the fact they're missing Braithwaite, Dolberg, Daamsgaard, Joachim Andersen and Mathias Jensen. Still a good team, but maybe this will even things out a little.

Edited by 2426255