Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Agree, we went forward well,  but we never gave an inch in defense.   Superb stuff.

I got worried after the 1st half goal that they were laying off and letting Denmark keep the ball, but a stiff talking to at half time sorted it out.

Every time we bring a new player in they are better than the one that dropped out
I reckon that's down to Clarke forming a solid group in the first place - a squad that is difficult to break in to. Means anyone who does is automatically charged with a greater desire to prove themselves.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Trying to think when we have been as dominant against a top side.

The only one I can remember is the CIS game in Euro 92, when they thought they only needed to turn up to qualify, and we fucking smashed them.

Probably Spain 3-1 in ‘84 and France 2-0 in ‘89.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I got worried after the 1st half goal that they were laying off and letting Denmark keep the ball, but a stiff talking to at half time sorted it out.

How will you feel about us being drawn against the Welsh in the play off?

Well that was fucking fantastic.

Been critical of Clarke at times even during the good results, but absolutely spot on tonight. Amazing.

Cooper and Adams had their best game for us. Souttar and McGinn also class.

Hope SOD prints off all the social media posts telling him he isnt good enough and goes round to their house for an inperson apology. A fairly average domestic player who strains every sinew of his talent when he plays for his country. Buzzing for the big man.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Kinda crazy how quickly some things change in fitba.

None of the boys in this photo we’re involved tonight and most are unlikely to ever be involved again.

And Mitrovic went from villain to hero in a year.

2B135B77-7BF0-4538-875F-5D31B0ACE207.jpeg

Was thinking that the other day, you can add Gallagher to that too. Directly contradicts the 'Clarke is scared to give boys a chance and sticks to his favourites' patter.