Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

40 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
47 minutes ago, ropy said:
Presumably Hanley is out of this too?

Think so. Interesting and encouraging that we didn't really miss him tonight.

Against Moldova....... if we missed Hanley against them then we really would be shitting ourselves 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Against Moldova....... if we missed Hanley against them then we really would be shifting ourselves 
Yet the fact you can say that with a degree of arrogance/confidence is again an encouraging marker.

Moldova away is exactly the type of fixture we've ballsed up in during previous years.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Yet the fact you can say that with a degree of arrogance/confidence is again an encouraging marker.

Moldova away is exactly the type of fixture we've ballsed up in during previous years.

Spot on with first paragraph 

Second yes but we shouldn't be remembered for this now..... a new era 

Hadn't even occurred to me that the Danes had finally conceded. Bit of a minter to do it against the Faeroes, but I guess it was a derby. Large quantities of GIRUY travelling across the North Sea right now, I'd imagine.

Maybe (very) slightly less incentive for their game against us? Just the 100% record to play for now.

I was hoping we'd see Patterson against top opposition. He's been so exciting but it'd be nice to see that test.

I don't feel the 343 suits us anyway, but Dykes will obviously come back in (if fine?) with Armstrong dropping out. SOD and Dykes for Patterson and Armstrong are the only changes I'd make.

Adams, Gilmour, Hendry, McGinn, McTominay, Nisbet, O’Donnell, Robertson are all on one booking.

Be interested to see if any of them are “rested”. I’d guess probably not but would people take a positive result from this if it meant e.g. Gilmour and Robertson being suspended for the play-off?

Such a tricky one.
Anyone on one yellow, "rested" for Denmark, will definitely be available for the playoff semi...
...but you can see that semi - regardless of who we play - being quite tough and requiring a bit of push and shove. It'd be horribly uncomfortable to win the semi but lose (via suspension) 4 or 5 of the players currently under threat.

Edit: since the Faroes game I've been fearing Dykes picking up a yellow Vs Denmark and then in the playoff semi. He does pick up yellows very easily due to his style of play.

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Such a tricky one.
Anyone on one yellow, "rested" for Denmark, will definitely be available for the playoff semi...
...but you can see that semi - regardless of who we play - being quite tough and requiring a bit of push and shove. It'd be horribly uncomfortable to win the semi but lose (via suspension) 4 or 5 of the players currently under threat.

Edit: since the Faroes game I've been fearing Dykes picking up a yellow Vs Denmark and then in the playoff semi. He does pick up yellows very easily due to his style of play.

With the way yellows are handed out like confetti now

Even if not on one could pick up in Danish game and semi

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I fully expect us to win this game.

It's a free hit for the players to show they genuinely are world class and can properly compete against this type of opponent.

Beating them would set us up perfectly for our first playoff match.

With a fully fit squad we should then be expecting to qualify from the playoffs regardless of the opposition.

Don't fear anyone at this stage TBH.

Utterly deranged.

Hats off.