Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

40 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s easy to find on YouTube. He collected it from a throw in on the right side of the box, cut across beating two defenders before hitting an unstoppable shot in to the top corner. I remember at the time thinking they were very similar goals.

Did Sturrock not lay it off to him ?

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He scored the odd similar one for Liverpool too.  I think I remember one at Highbury.

I was about to say something similar; that run across the defence and bullet into the top corner must have been something of a trademark of his, as I've seen footage of him doing that at least a couple of times in a red shirt. Get the feeling that one of them might have been on this Eighties VHS, but I need to get to my bed so I won't be checking it myself tonight.

(it's a cracking watch though; I can very much recommend it if you've got the time)

Looking at the goal compilation posted earlier shows how well Steve Clarke has managed his squad through this competition to get the desired results.  Some due to tactics, some due to injuries and some due to suspension.

No Grant Hanley, no Ryan Fraser, no Nathan Patterson, no Lyndon Dykes, no Scott McTominay...all missing from the Denmark game yet every one of them contributed to our goal tally to get us where we are.  Add to that John Soutar back after so long away from the national team also bagging one the other night.

Edited by Sugar_Army

4 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Looking at the goal posted compilation it shows how well Steve Clarke has managed his squad through this competition to get the desired results.  Some due to tactics, some due to injuries and some due to suspension.

No Grant Hanley, no Ryan Fraser, no Nathan Patterson, no Lyndon Dykes, no Scott McTominay...all missing from the Denmark game yet every one of them contributed to our goal tally.  Add to that John Soutar back after so long away from the national team also bagging one the other night.

I do not know the ( full ) story but I hope Fraser has not played his last game for us

Edited by Ewan8472

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Please explain.

nonsense
/ˈnɒns(ə)ns/

noun
  1. 1.
    spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.
    "he was talking absolute nonsense

2. foolish or unacceptable behaviour.
    "she's a strong woman who stands no nonsense

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I was about to say something similar; that run across the defence and bullet into the top corner must have been something of a trademark of his, as I've seen footage of him doing that at least a couple of times in a red shirt. 

He's in a yellow shirt here and it's quite reminiscent of the Spain goal.

53 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

I do not know the ( full ) story but I hope Fraser has not played his last game for us

Somebody mentioned him in this thread the other day.  Hinted he had taken the huff and did not want to play.  Not sure what truth there is in it. 

I think he gives us other options but our squad appears to be going from strength to strength. 

Not sure if we will have a fixture in the pipeline before play-off as assume Clarke will not want us going into (potentially two massive) games in a short space of time cold.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Get the feeling that one of them might have been on this Eighties VHS, but I need to get to my bed so I won't be checking it myself tonight.

(it's a cracking watch though; I can very much recommend it if you've got the time)

I remember entering a competition to try to win that on Saint & Greavsie 😀

I can finally see watch it all, cheers!

Edited by Lurkst

13 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

McTominay, Hendry, Hanley, Dykes, Patterson, Jack all missing for us as well.

I'm not sure how Jack could find himself back in the current side - or even squad.  He'd have a lot of impressing to do - and have to get beyond the level he's ever been at before.

When Allan Campbell gets a move to a more attractive team than Luton Town I can see him being more likely to be pushing for a place.  Was always very impressed with him in the few times I saw him at Motherwell, and I believe he's doing well down South.

I'm not sure how Jack could find himself back in the current side - or even squad.  He'd have a lot of impressing to do - and have to get beyond the level he's ever been at before.
When Allan Campbell gets a move to a more attractive team than Luton Town I can see him being more likely to be pushing for a place.  Was always very impressed with him in the few times I saw him at Motherwell, and I believe he's doing well down South.

Jack will walk into the squad ahead of the likes of McLean and Ferguson. He was a crucial player for us very briefly and has been superb for Rangers in Europe - look how much they have missed him. We don't really have another grafter like him for those big games.

Campbell will need to focus on actually getting a game for the "unattractive" Luton Town before he can even think about a move or getting near a Scotland call-up.