Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

I am still trying to understand how we were so disappointing against the Faroe Islands and two games later we are , justifiably  , " classy "

apart from the islanders tendancy to park the bus

It was worse than parking the bus; they were clearly the better team in the first half and should have been ahead.

That's the great paradox of Scotland under Steve Clarke. Hopefully we've either reached a point where the team can achieve consistency, or Clarke can cast his magic spells and continue to produce results from poor performances. We've certainly reached new heights in how the team plays, so I think it might - might - be the former.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It was worse than parking the bus; they were clearly the better team in the first half and should have been ahead.

That's the great paradox of Scotland under Steve Clarke. Hopefully we've either reached a point where the team can achieve consistency, or Clarke can cast his magic spells and continue to produce results from poor performances. We've certainly reached new heights in how the team plays, so I think it might - might - be the former.

Maybe it is just a case of waiting until the next opponents that park the bus

( Faroes only lost 2 - 3 to Israel in Palestine )

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s easy to find on YouTube. He collected it from a throw in on the right side of the box, cut across beating two defenders before hitting an unstoppable shot in to the top corner. I remember at the time thinking they were very similar goals.

They are not. The Belgium one was in the centre of the field with his back to the goal !

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s easy to find on YouTube. He collected it from a throw in on the right side of the box, cut across beating two defenders before hitting an unstoppable shot in to the top corner. I remember at the time thinking they were very similar goals.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=682411219165561

Yes, they were very similar. As I said (not very clearly), the goal against Spain was right in front of me in the old enclosure in front of the main stand.

1 hour ago, RobbieD said:

I thought their fans were excellent through out the day in Glasgow. Always had time for them. 

I stay near Hampden and was getting the bus home and a bunch got on to go to the game. Started singing away down the bottom (I was up top) and one of their songs had the word f**k. Some wee Southside maw gave them into trouble for swearing so they apologised and changed songs. Probably saying much worse things in Danish but at least they weren't swearing in English.

1 minute ago, Ewan8472 said:

They are not. The Belgium one was in the centre of the field with his back to the goal !

You’re wrong, look it up on YouTube, he collected the ball on the right hand corner of the box, the only difference between the goals is that the Belgium goal he started with his back to goal and turned his man.

2 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Maybe it is just a case of waiting until the next opponents that park the bus

( Faroes only lost 2 - 3 to Israel in Palestine )

Yeah, the Faeroes are difficult b*****ds when they're in the mood, and really not in the old-school Malta/Cyprus mould of playing ten at the back and hoping for a point. They can look fairly impressive between the batterings.

If sphincter-tightening 1-0 away wins against minnows is the price we pay for campaigns like this, I'll fucking take it!

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Apparently not a belter :o

kenny-dalglish-liverpool-fc.gif

This is by no means me saying that Dalglish had it easy, but imagine a top international side giving a striker than much time and space in the box these days. The coach would be receiving his jotters in the morning.

Amazing how much the game has changed since I was wee.

It's the best performance I've ever seen from Scotland to a man and, after a tough couple of weeks personally, I'll admit to having a wee blub when Che scored the second.

Right there with you mate. Really hard times on the personal front. Monday was some release. Tears and snotters everywhere.

Both Dalglish goals involved cutting inside from the right, but the one in Belgium was more floated round the goalkeeper from out wide, whereas against Spain he worked his way to a pretty central spot before lashing it home.  Both great goals but he had more to do in the goal against Belgium.

He scored the odd similar one for Liverpool too.  I think I remember one at Highbury.

32 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

You’re wrong, look it up on YouTube, he collected the ball on the right hand corner of the box, the only difference between the goals is that the Belgium goal he started with his back to goal and turned his man.

I think I said that in the post

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Both Dalglish goals involved cutting inside from the right, but the one in Belgium was more floated round the goalkeeper from out wide, whereas against Spain he worked his way to a pretty central spot before lashing it home.  Both great goals but he had more to do in the goal against Belgium.

He scored the odd similar one for Liverpool too.  I think I remember one at Highbury.

Nonsense