Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

Dalglish's belter was v Spain surely.
Mo Johnston got both goals in the France game IIRC.
I was replying to the post directly above mine which referred to the France 2-0 and Spain 3-1 games but I should have said it was the Spain game I was in the enclosure for. I was behind the goals at the France game. Yes, Johnston scored both goals- think he was playing for Nantes at the time.

Just wanted to add my support to the Super Ally bandwagon, I think he's terrific. I love the passion he brings especially when you can hear him going nuts off the mike after each goal.
I find myself actually talking to him during games like he's sat on my couch [emoji23]

Ffs I thought I was the only nutcase who did that. There was a challenge on one of our players that wasn't given as a FK and he said "I think he went down easily and the ref has got that right". I said something like "Aye, I'd agree with you there".

Makes a nice change from me telling English co-commentators to STFU right enough.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ffs I thought I was the only nutcase who did that. There was a challenge on one of our players that wasn't given as a FK and he said "I think he went down easily and the ref has got that right". I said something like "Aye, I'd agree with you there".

Makes a nice change from me telling English co-commentators to STFU right enough.

the old Scotch and Wry sketch with the presenter telling viewers to settle down and enjoy uninterrupted coverage of the upcoming live game. Cuts to a guy sat at home in front of telly, with his missus to the side tied to a chair and gagged, and him saying "aye, don't you worry Dougie". 

A number of gender and patriarchal stereotypes enforced there which am sure they considered at the time : )

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Thanks for this, I was looking for exactly this earlier. 

It really underlines how poor a commentator Crocker is, the very epitome of "sound and fury signifying nothing" as he does that "SHOUTING....RHYTHMICALLY....LIKE...THIS" but the words are just banal and cliched. 

McCoist's "aw come on!" at McTominay's goal is one of the sweetest sounds you'll hear.

Incidentally my earlier query about co-comms becoming more like fans was after hearing McCann on BBC sounding like he was co-commentating on club TV. I was wondering if this is something producers have actively been encouraging rather than just something organic that McCoist came up with.

That overhead kick against Austria was much better than I remember. What a wonderful player he is.

“Isn’t this just typical Scotland, giving us hope again!” is another one I’ve heard Crocker come out with about a dozen times.

Liam McLeod is an awful shout though. No one with a voice as high pitched as his should be a commentator. Whenever something vaguely exciting happens he’s unbearable.

Anyway, delighted to have the analysis of that game and a chance to see the performance again. I had no idea that the Danes were without 9 players though. 4 through suspension and 5 through injury. That does check my euphoria a wee bit.

McTominay, Hendry, Hanley, Dykes, Patterson, Jack all missing for us as well.

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye fair enough (aside from Jack, who hasn't been in the team since before the Euros, but I put that down to your particular bias :) ).

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jack has been injured that whole time though.

This. There's little doubt Jack would have been playing at least some part if fit. Probably we'd not have seen Billy Gilmour introduced so early. At the very least, he'd be the guy coming on when Gilmour gets his obligatory cramp from about the 75th minute!

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah.  These guys won't care that they're being broadcast to the whole of the UK.  He will only care about catering for the English audience, who make up the vast majority of the audience to be fair, but that's not the point.

But is that really catering for the English audience ? Are they so different from us that they wouldn't appreciate an Ally style  'fan yet fair & balanced ' co -commentator ?