Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

The first Scotland game I can remember watching was at Euro 92 against the CIS and last night was by far the best I've ever seen them play.  It's by far the best team there's been in those 29 years too which helps, and the best manager, which also helps.

The first Scotland game I can remember watching was at Euro 92 against the CIS and last night was by far the best I've ever seen them play.  It's by far the best team there's been in those 29 years too which helps, and the best manager, which also helps.

1st game I remember was costa rica in italia 90. That should have prepared me for what was to come over the years. It’s great that the fans have that hope and there will certainly, on last nights performances be competition for places. We are starting to have strength in depth. I (probably like everyone else) have said for years we needed to be more solid defensively, and we are becoming a more solid side.

47 minutes ago, the snudge said:

When was the last time we beat a top 10 ranked side in the world?

Croatia 7/8 years ago (or whenever it was) would be my guess, at the time they were pretty highly ranked.

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Time to get Hampden increased to 100,000 capacity. 

Yes. Call it the Sir Stevie Clarke extension.

Only fitting for the massive* extension I was sporting when that McGinn-Adams-Armstrong move looked like it was leading to a goal.

*unfortunately average

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Not OF fans by any chance?

One of them is, the other 2 support smaller sides. It's just the sad mentality that has been bred through generations in this country. Any time we do anything well there must've have been things that allowed us to do so well, we can never be given credit for doing things well in our own right. 

One of them is, the other 2 support smaller sides. It's just the sad mentality that has been bred through generations in this country. Any time we do anything well there must've have been things that allowed us to do so well, we can never be given credit for doing things well in our own right. 
See the poster on here last night that was slating Adams after he had his best night for Scotland and was absolutely brilliant for a perfect example of this.

Talking of negativity I’ve still got the fear that Steve Clarke is going to leave for something shite like the Middlesbrough job before March….
Boro have a new manager. It's a decent gig as well. A supportive Chairman at club level who gives you time is a rarity these days.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Talking of negativity I’ve still got the fear that Steve Clarke is going to leave for something shite like the Middlesbrough job before March….

Boro have a new manager. It's a decent gig as well. A supportive Chairman at club level who gives you time is a rarity these days.

I should have said insert random English Championship jobber type team. They were the first to come to mind.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like when your team beats one of the old firm. They always have an off day and it’s never your team absolutely bodying them all over the park for 90 minutes.