Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I’m usually having a go at McGregor when he plays for Scotland, but he had a brilliant game tonight. But I can’t think of a recent Scotland match where you look back on it and you can’t find anyone who didn’t have the best game they could. I suppose that’s what you need to beat a team like Denmark. What a performance.

If you want to be really picky, you could say Tierney and Robertson were fairly quiet going forward? 🤷‍♂️
And SOD will never better his bewilderingly great game against England, so, tonight relatively meh! 😜

53 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Why is it some wummin can’t understand that even if you have watched the game live, you will still delight in watching the highlights of some games?

As an appendum to this I’ve just realised that there is further highlights on ITV. What an evening.

Ah. John Collins. Makes no sense to watch it again.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Our friend Mr English described it as a  " classy " performance . While my blood pressure is just returning to normal after some of the tippy tappy play , and the beginning of the second half , it is rather a good call

If we play the occasional long ball it does mix things up a bit !

Beautiful !

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s amazing what a bit of organisation and confidence can do for us.

Clarke has instilled a sense of belief in these players that hasn’t really been seen since maybe the Smith/McLeish tenure?

I think some of them had a sense of belief already , but it is all good !

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m usually having a go at McGregor when he plays for Scotland, but he had a brilliant game tonight. But I can’t think of a recent Scotland match where you look back on it and you can’t find anyone who didn’t have the best game they could. I suppose that’s what you need to beat a team like Denmark. What a performance.

I think McGregor has been excellent in recent games. Gilmour has (understandably) been getting most of the plaudits but McGregor’s positioning and ball retention has been superb. The two of them dovetail beautifully together in that midfield. 

I pray, pray to almighty that this finally, finally consigns the McTominay defensive experiment to the fucking bin!
We have plenty of good centre backs now. Let McTominay fight McGregor for a place in midfield.
There's still a space for him on the right of the three in certain games IMO as he's still the most effective on the ball, but Hendry and Souttar (despite the latter only playing once) have made it very difficult to pick McTominay there. If the play-off was next month then McTominay wouldn't start and it'd be incredibly harsh to drop Souttar.
That move involving McGinn, Adams and Armstrong is possibly one of the best non goals I’ve ever seen. F*ck*ng defender.
McGinn's pass was incredible. He played an identical one when Adams was offside too. He's been incredible for Scotland in recent years but I think these two games have been his best performances.

I think McGregor has been excellent in recent games. Gilmour has (understandably) been getting most of the plaudits but McGregor’s positioning and ball retention has been superb. The two of them dovetail beautifully together in that midfield. 
He's been our best player since the Euros, as well as being great against England during them.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:
Wee dig at Ryan Fraser from Faddy there?

What did he say?

Waxing lyrical about the club style atmosphere, saying how you have guys all desperate to play for their country and people aren’t just pulling out the squads anymore and went ‘well most aren’t’.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

McGregor is returning to his Rodgers era Celtic form. Like 90% of the Celtic squad, he lost his form amidst the shambles that was last season, but he really is a tremendous player. 

Thought he was tremendous tonight. They all were excellent, but it wasn't too long ago McGregor was being slated For performances. Kinda felt he was unfairly used as a scapegoat for some after poor Scotland team performances.