Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Seeing a few others saying it, but that really is the Scottish identity in that half. A ferociously high tempo, always playing forward, direct with the ball and dominant defensively. 

That’s the national identity right there.

Aye i thought the second half against Israel was like that - all of the above plus a bit of blood and thunder with help from the crowd. 

7 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

there was a defensive play in the first half that was an absolute clinic. the one before the route one ball to adams and robertson. DIspossesed the dane, made 4 passes out of danger and played a long ball

exquisite

Came on to comment on this. There's actually not many teams in the world that can play under that kind of pressure and make accurate passes out of danger and up the field to create a chance. 

That's the sign of a great team, and no matter what happens in the second half that's something major to build on. 

Gone is the rash punts up field and lack of confidence. 

Pretty seething that I cant watch this, sounds fantastic. No way to watch at work though. 

Regarding the style play though, there are some technically very good players in this team now, and the emergence of BG in particular will allow Clarke to encourage and grow our game towards that style of play. Its fucking class, and so unusual for us. Feels like we are finally competing with the big boy pants on rather than vague hopes of a plucky underdog story. If we can match/beat this outstanding Danish team, not as a fluke but actually going toe to toe with them, we're looking at a watershed moment for the National team 

10 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Aye i thought the second half against Israel was like that - all of the above plus a bit of blood and thunder with help from the crowd. 

Off topic but I was watching Sopranos last night and laughed when I saw your avatar, whilst he's with Isabella.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was the best half I've seen from Scotland in my life.

The passing, the moving, the tempo.

Excellent.

Edited by RawB93