Dundee United vs St Johnstone - Saturday 30th October 2021

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Just wait a few years and Saints can have their own Perth Derby

Jeanfield v Saints

Saints v Jeanfield

Swifts have a very solid team, but to suggest that they're climbing 'the pyramid' to Prem level anytime soon is wild optimism. IMO.

Anyway as for tomorrow's prediction  ... rain stops play.

We should give United more a game than last time, but Wednesday night was a tiring battle for a lot of them. A couple played 30 minutes longer than they would've if not for the enforced changes.

Brown, Dendoncker, Rooney, Wotherspoon all out injured. Would be surprised if Crawford or May start as they both looked completely fucked after an hour on Wednesday, Crawford having to go until the end.

Clark

MOH - Ambrose - Gordon - McCart - Booth

MacPherson - Craig - Bryson

Middleton - Kane 

Is what I'm expecting I think.

Ideally Davidson and Bryson would both start, but Davidson will likely be rested after his exertions on Wednesday.  Wouldn't be gutted if this was off to allow a few of our players to return from injury.

Has it been announced Wotherspoon is out?  What is the injury/ how long is he out for??

35 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Stupid question maybe, but shouldn't St Johnstone be doing better than they are? This will be a tough game, it always is, but they are currently 10th in the league, which I didn't really notice until this morning. What's going on?

European games fucked us in the early games, too many games with too small a squad.

Lost Kerr/McCann on deadline day with no replacements in place. Those brought in are downgrades as we muddle through until January. 

Can't play a settled back line due to a succession of injuries/suspensions (I think Callum Booth and Efe Ambrose the only players in our back 5 who haven't been forced to miss a game in the past month, and I don't think we've played the same back 5 in consecutive league games this season). Led to some poor defensive displays.

Main creator, Wotherspoon, started playing for Canada so travels across the planet every month + had little rest over the Summer + played almost every game last season, so is fatigued and now also injured. Struggled to replace that.

European games fucked us in the early games, too many games with too small a squad.
Lost Kerr/McCann on deadline day with no replacements in place. Those brought in are downgrades as we muddle through until January. 
Can't play a settled back line due to a succession of injuries/suspensions (I think Callum Booth and Efe Ambrose the only players in our back 5 who haven't been forced to miss a game in the past month, and I don't think we've played the same back 5 in consecutive league games this season). Led to some poor defensive displays.
Main creator, Wotherspoon, started playing for Canada so travels across the planet every month + had little rest over the Summer + played almost every game last season, so is fatigued and now also injured. Struggled to replace that.
Fair enough. I think United fans know about the pitfalls of selling two key players on deadline day and not replacing them...

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
27 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
How likely are we to have a pitch inspection? 

According to United's twitter, there are no plans for a pitch inspection

Just seen that; better not come back and bite them on the arse.

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Fair enough. I think United fans know about the pitfalls of selling two key players on deadline day and not replacing them...

Aye its a risk you take tbh, and I don't think it's worker out, but I don't think we had much choice with Kerr as he could leave for nothing otherwise. 

January will be a big window. Need to see improvements in the first team, but they also need to be permanent signings. We've found ourselves in the perilous position of having too many loanees, which never ends well.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Has it been announced Wotherspoon is out?  What is the injury/ how long is he out for??

Calf niggle with Wotherspoon I believe. Wouldn’t expect it to be too long, think he’s only a doubt for today so every chance he makes it. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We should give United more a game than last time, but Wednesday night was a tiring battle for a lot of them. A couple played 30 minutes longer than they would've if not for the enforced changes.

Brown, Dendoncker, Rooney, Wotherspoon all out injured. Would be surprised if Crawford or May start as they both looked completely fucked after an hour on Wednesday, Crawford having to go until the end.

Clark

MOH - Ambrose - Gordon - McCart - Booth

MacPherson - Craig - Bryson

Middleton - Kane 

Is what I'm expecting I think.

More or less this but if Davidson is available I’d have him in for Craig or Macpherson probably.

Another raft of changes. Defence, midfield, and attack, all different.

Clark

MOH - Muller - Gordon - McCart - Booth

MacPherson - Bryson - Crawford

Middleton - Kane

Front two really need to step up, both been well below the levels they set last season so far.