Alloa Athletic V Airdrieonians

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I was speaking to Queen's Park and they were bemoaning their price too. Lee-Ann Dempster is in the same thought as our chairman that they don't want it to compete with the physical attendance at the gate. They compromised at £15 for the stream. Ours is the gate price.

BUT if you're an Alloa season ticket holder you can watch for free or ( my latest offering) if you watch outside the UK and Ireland you can buy a package for the away games at £6 a game - AND you get a discount of £6 for home PPV making it £12 per game. 

I understand the point for home fans but don't get the business model for away fans. Away supports are dwindling badly these days so streams are the only possible the home club will get any revenue.

I've never seen any figures released from clubs regarding stream figures but it would be interesting.

On a personal note streams are excellent for fans who live 170 miles away from the team they support, like me.

44 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Airdrie were ok but Easton and Frizzell struggled to get going in midfield. For all the attacking options we had on towards end (1 natural defender!) we didn’t create too many clear chances and I never really felt like we were going to score. Scott McGill had his poorest game in a while, Taggart and Scougall both continually beat him and McGill’s constant cutting inside when he gets forward didn’t really work today. It’s not his fault, he’s clearly not a left back, but today showed we do need to sort that position if Quitongo isn’t going to play anytime soon, if at all.

Surprised you did not mention the Easton penalty incident. Right in front of me and clear as day. Symesque decision from a referee, who had a rather dodgy day I would say.

How Alloa's 11 was not booked during his participation in the game is beyond me.

Surprised you did not mention the Easton penalty incident. Right in front of me and clear as day. Symesque decision from a referee, who had a rather dodgy day I would say.

How Alloa's 11 was not booked during his participation in the game is beyond me.

Easton:- full Tom Daily today
Watson :- fake tan running faster than him. giphy.gif

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

What's your issue?

The price is one thing. I pay to watch online because I’m exiled and can’t make it to games, but I thought the quality was mince too.  Shaky camcorder with the corners blocked by scaffolding, I was getting dizzy after the first few minutes. 

I don’t for a minute think that Airdrie’s solution is the finished article either, but at least it’s a fixed, stable camera that spans the whole pitch. Admittedly it’s a bit grainy when it zooms in but it’s more than adequate. 

Easton was embarrassing,blatant dive,as were several others around our box throughout the game,but the ref fell for those.Also Henderson was utterly flattened when through on goal with no card given,cynically taken out.Not sure how Airdrie finished the game with 11 men.

Edited by Alloa 68

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

The price is one thing. I pay to watch online because I’m exiled and can’t make it to games, but I thought the quality was mince too.  Shaky camcorder with the corners blocked by scaffolding, I was getting dizzy after the first few minutes. 

I don’t for a minute think that Airdrie’s solution is the finished article either, but at least it’s a fixed, stable camera that spans the whole pitch. Admittedly it’s a bit grainy when it zooms in but it’s more than adequate. 

You must be the only person ever who prefers Pixellot 😂 - it doesn't catch the corners at our ground either. Or sometimes the entirety of a goal. And zooming side to side with pixellot is not jarring either...

In terms of resolution it's about 4x as sharp as the pixellot camera when you actually compare the optical zooming with Pixellot's digital zoom. We have replays, in-sync sound, and most importantly for the vast majority there aren't buffering issues. The camera was a bit further back today due to the threat of rain and the cable failure at the beginning of the game - I had to use a shorter one instead and the internet cable just reaches the gantry so there's a limited range between camera and laptop I can stretch.

Anyway I thought you might have an actual issue. I'm relieved.

If you think so.

Believe Britain's openly gay , jumper knitting diver is Tom Daley.

Whatever though, not biting.

Naturally at the time I thought it was pen. We all shout for these things don’t we? I would like to see it back now. Not sure if highlights will give a decent view tho. Don’t have much to complain about today, wasn’t a good performance. That’s league one for you.

I actually thought that in the fixture at Airdrie that we played well and lost to two great goals against the run of play. We pinned Airdrie back for long spells that night and probably deserved a draw . 

Today I thought the match was flipped and Airdrie enjoyed possession and pressure and we scored the goals on the break. 

We are still not right in the centre of midfield and perhaps I have been spoilt watching the Flannigan's, Herrington s , McCords holmes etc over the recent past . We just looked solid and devoid of creativity. 

It's ironic that we have an outstanding midfielder in the managers chair and we have all these in players in midfield and the balance is just not right . We missed niang in there for me . O'Donnell is a player also and worth a run in the team. The players are certainly there but we just haven't found the balance. 

A welcome 3 points and just glad I watched 11 v 11 

7 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Nervy finish thanks to blunder for the Airdrie goal

in fact  a mirror image of the last game between the sides , role and score reversal ,

3 points without a great performance, Airdrie were worth a goal to be fair .

Next ......

Totally agree . Just read your post 

10 hours ago, Oweny said:

We are still not right in the centre of midfield and perhaps I have been spoilt watching the Flannigan's, Herrington s , McCords holmes etc over the recent past . We just looked solid and devoid of creativity. 

That's a fair point, although we do have Robbo in the squad and he could be included in your list. The manager seems to prefer, at least currently, big defensive players for the two holding roles. 

We do have a lot of creativity in the front four and maybe the manager is happy with the overall balance. I did think, however, that we missed a bit of quality to hold onto the ball in the last 20 minutes or so, which a Holmer, Flanny etc would have given us.

Obviously another very good win and we are right back in the mix at the top of the table. As has been said several times, we have a good enough squad now to potentially mount a serious challenge for a top four place. Henderson has shown in the last two games just how much ability he has, even if the Airdrie goalie didn't look too clever at either goal (to be fair I think he was unsighted at the first and Hendo's quick strike fooled him).

Airdrie look a good side to me, with McInroy real quality in the middle. They won't be far away at the end of the season. In fact the division is shaping up to be very interesting, with only four points separating the top six who all look capable of beating each other. Another big game away to Falkirk next week. They aren't nearly as bad as their fans make out and the game will be a tough one. Hetherington and Telfer out are big pluses for us.

ETA Just watched the Falkirk highlights and Telfer wasn't sent off, despite the BBC saying he was. Also, I reckon Stevie Hetherington's red card will be appealed and that appeal won. 

Edited by printer

Bad day at the office more or less across the board, all a bit slow and ponderous outwith a fast start and a higher intensity level at the end. 

Henderson the difference and the kind of player who could be a difference in many games at this level, playing like that.

Awk well, cannae win them all. A mere bump in the road of our procession to the title...

Kudos to Alloa for having roll'n'pie on the menu. Decent. 

Agree with others that there were similarities between this and the reverse fixture, but the other way round. 

Felt Airdrie were the better team for probably at least an hour of the game, yet I felt Alloa created the better chances overall in the short period we were on top. The amount of poor crossing from Airdrie was unreal. 

Couple of really good pieces of play from Henderson to win it and hopefully his form continues in this manner. 

Didn’t really like having Sena at left back, thought he looked pretty uncomfortable in the first half and, although he settled more in the second, he was still having to turn inside to get the ball on to his right foot. 

I thought Durnan had a really good game on Saturday but Mendy, again, looked like giving away an opportunity at any moment. He seems comfortable when the ball is pumped long towards him and he can come forward and attack it, but when it’s coming in from the wing his positioning and timing of his jump are all over the place!

Still, great 3 points to take in to a massive game this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Agree with others that there were similarities between this and the reverse fixture, but the other way round. 

Felt Airdrie were the better team for probably at least an hour of the game, yet I felt Alloa created the better chances overall in the short period we were on top. The amount of poor crossing from Airdrie was unreal. 

Couple of really good pieces of play from Henderson to win it and hopefully his form continues in this manner. 

Didn’t really like having Sena at left back, thought he looked pretty uncomfortable in the first half and, although he settled more in the second, he was still having to turn inside to get the ball on to his right foot. 

I thought Durnan had a really good game on Saturday but Mendy, again, looked like giving away an opportunity at any moment. He seems comfortable when the ball is pumped long towards him and he can come forward and attack it, but when it’s coming in from the wing his positioning and timing of his jump are all over the place!

Still, great 3 points to take in to a massive game this weekend. 

Good summary. Sena did well but he's not a left back and that position along with Mendys dodgy displays will haunt us. Great to get the win though. 

We are about where I expected, challanging for a play off place  Hopefully at the top end and not the bottom.