Celtic (top of the league) v Livingston (dressing up like a team)

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like I said before Joe Harte sliding to keep the ball in on the half white line was better than anything Livingston did in the game.
There was no danger of any livvy player closing him down with the goal wide to the world.
I gave credit to Harte last week for playing centre half now that hes moved into midfield hes becoming more of a utility player.

89F03547-CFA8-4759-BA35-2F9743EBB5D7.png

Apologies if I missed it, but can anyone explain to me how Celtic had 85% possession and only 2 shots on target (assume 1 was the pen?). 

That must be some sort of record? Well played livi for restricting them as they must have done a great defensive job. But it must have been an awful match to watch.

38 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like I said before Joe Harte sliding to keep the ball in on the half white line was better than anything Livingston did in the game.
There was no danger of any livvy player closing him down with the goal wide to the world.
I gave credit to Harte last week for playing centre half now that hes moved into midfield hes becoming more of a utility player.

Raging?

18 minutes ago, Chonky said:

Apologies if I missed it, but can anyone explain to me how Celtic had 85% possession and only 2 shots on target (assume 1 was the pen?). 

That must be some sort of record? Well played livi for restricting them as they must have done a great defensive job. But it must have been an awful match to watch.

Sideways football, and yes, it was awful to watch. 

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like i said, try giving credit where it's due, taking off your green tinted specs might help.

2 hours ago, Chonky said:

For a Celtic fan certainly, sometimes though, when you're up against a team with a budget 50 times greater than yours, it's fucking magnificent to watch your players defending so resolutely, and frustrate your opponents so much. Every block, body thrown into stopping them shooting on target, is a joy to watch.

Bonus that it annoys the shit out of Celtic fans so much that they couldn't score against us.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Your goalkeeper saved the pen but that's it M8.

Yeah you're just a wee tad too bitter to acknowledge our resolute defending willie, stopping you getting shots on target, and the two you did get on target were stopped by Fitzwater heading it off the line, and Stryjek saving the pen. 

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah you're just a wee tad too bitter to acknowledge our resolute defending willie, stopping you getting shots on target, and the two you did get on target were stopped by Fitzwater heading it off the line, and Stryjek saving the pen. 

I see it every week M8 there was nothing special about it. 

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I assume you see Celtic win most of those weeks.  The difference on Saturday was that you did not win and missed a last minute penalty.  Special.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ok Jose,that is something I didn't know what was special about a draw M8?

4 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

I assume you see Celtic win most of those weeks.  The difference on Saturday was that you did not win and missed a last minute penalty.  Special.

☝️

19 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Tbf I think the Ayo sending off was right. It's idiotic to slap a player in the head when the ref is watching, even if he has just pushed you. Kyogo makes himself look like a fanny with both the push and the way he acts afterwards, but the sending off and penalty is the right call I think. Just glad we had Max to clean up the mess.

Absolutely top drawer performance looking at the stats. Celtic have been looking back to their best recently and they had 2 shots on target, one of which being the penalty and the other one was a pretty standard save. If it wasn't for the St Mirren loss then Martindale would be looking at manager of the month

Hopefully Martindale explains that to him, and it sinks in, because i'd be expecting other players to target him in the next couple of game after his suspension, seeing if they can get another reaction that gets him booked/sent off. He'll need to keep himself calm and not react.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You see it every time you've played Livi aye, every week, nah, you're talking pish Willie.

Care to show me which games you saw Celtic drawing a blank every week?

Esp with them having 85% possession, and restricted to one shot on target from open play, you can't can you?

I'll help you out, Celtic have drawn a blank 4 times this season, against Sevco 1-0 Celtic Celtic 0-4 Bayer Leverkusen, and Livi TWICE, Livi 1-0 Celtic and Celtic 0-0 Livi, let that sink in Willie bhoy. 

On 31/10/2021 at 14:51, wastecoatwilly said:

How can Celtic commit the same amount of fouls in a game that we had 85% of possession in?

Instead of continuing this supposed referee conspiracy allegations against a team that managed against all odds to win 9 league titles in a row and 12, I think, trophies in a row, you might want to be having a go at your multi-million star studded side that managed one shot, one shot, on target despite having 85% possession (outwith the horrendously hit penalty).