Celtic (top of the league) v Livingston (dressing up like a team)

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The ref didn't give the pen for Kyogo's play acting,he gives it for Obileye lifting his hands M8.
If Obileye just pushes him back he doesn't get sent off.

do people not generally lift their hands to push people? It was a foul by Kyogo to begin with. How often do we see fouls given for pushes in the box?

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

do people not generally lift their hands to push people? It was a foul by Kyogo to begin with. How often do we see fouls given for pushes in the box?

The difference would be excessive force a slap isn't a push,a talking to or a yellow each if Obileye does the same to Kyogo.

49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The ref didn't give the pen for Kyogo's play acting,he gives it for Obileye lifting his hands M8.
If Obileye just pushes him back he doesn't get sent off.

It's the exact same thing that's happened between Brown and Morelos for seasons and I don't recall there being a free kick being given, let alone a red card. It's another ref actively choosing the Old Firm.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's the exact same thing that's happened between Brown and Morelos for seasons and I don't recall there being a free kick being given, let alone a red card. It's another ref actively choosing the Old Firm.

The IFAB rules on violent conduct state:

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible

Ayo barely touched Kyogo and the force was negligible....the rolling about absolutely sold it

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

The last 2 players I recall getting reds in this fixture were brown and Christie. Both deserved but by your reckoning they both would’ve stayed on the park. 

Kyogos reaction was about as real as the club he was playing against.  The way he was swiped at though would suggest it wasn’t ‘negligible’ as Kyogo was running away from Obileye at the time. I think the way people wish to interpret that is misleading, like if he went for a haymaker and missed you wouldn’t call the force used was negligible just because there no contact.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Kyogos reaction was about as real as the club he was playing against.  The way he was swiped at though would suggest it wasn’t ‘negligible’ as Kyogo was running away from Obileye at the time. I think the way people wish to interpret that is misleading, like if he went for a haymaker and missed you wouldn’t call the force used was negligible just because there no contact.

Come on now, Kyogo’s fall was pathetic. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The last 2 players I recall getting reds in this fixture were brown and Christie. Both deserved but by your reckoning they both would’ve stayed on the park. 

Both played a the TMA in Livingston, got to wonder if they'd have been given at Parkheid, esp Brown's. Christie's one was studs up that could've been a leg breaker had Robinson not seen it coming and jumped as he got caught, so aye, you'd like to think even at Parkheid that one would be a red card.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can Celtic commit the same amount of fouls in a game that we had 85% of possession in?

Same way they scored the same amount of goals Livi did with having 85% possession, our shape and discipline was outstanding (barring Ayo's moment of madness getting sucked in retaliating to being pushed off the ball).  No bookings untill the red card is some going, when the opposition has that amount of possession too, try giving some credit where it's due.

4 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Are you thick? Brown threw an elbow and Christie went in studs up?

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Are you thick? Brown threw an elbow and Christie went in studs up?

I’m clever enough to know browns was the back of his hand and not an elbow, I wasn’t questioning the decisions, just the fact you claimed yesterday’s decisions were from a ref choosing the OF. Some refs are just shit. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Tbf I think the Ayo sending off was right. It's idiotic to slap a player in the head when the ref is watching, even if he has just pushed you. Kyogo makes himself look like a fanny with both the push and the way he acts afterwards, but the sending off and penalty is the right call I think. Just glad we had Max to clean up the mess.

Absolutely top drawer performance looking at the stats. Celtic have been looking back to their best recently and they had 2 shots on target, one of which being the penalty and the other one was a pretty standard save. If it wasn't for the St Mirren loss then Martindale would be looking at manager of the month

8 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Tbf I think the Ayo sending off was right. It's idiotic to slap a player in the head when the ref is watching, even if he has just pushed you. Kyogo makes himself look like a fanny with both the push and the way he acts afterwards, but the sending off and penalty is the right call I think. Just glad we had Max to clean up the mess.

Absolutely top drawer performance looking at the stats. Celtic have been looking back to their best recently and they had 2 shots on target, one of which being the penalty and the other one was a pretty standard save. If it wasn't for the St Mirren loss then Martindale would be looking at manager of the month

Sure it was Fitzwater heading off the line

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Same way they scored the same amount of goals Livi did with having 85% possession, our shape and discipline was outstanding (barring Ayo's moment of madness getting sucked in retaliating to being pushed off the ball).  No bookings untill the red card is some going, when the opposition has that amount of possession too, try giving some credit where it's due.

Like I said before Joe Harte sliding to keep the ball in on the half white line was better than anything Livingston did in the game.
There was no danger of any livvy player closing him down with the goal wide to the world.
I gave credit to Harte last week for playing centre half now that hes moved into midfield hes becoming more of a utility player.