Celtic (top of the league) v Livingston (dressing up like a team)

Teams coming to parkhead and parking the bus is causing us real issues at the moment.

Took a major deflection against Ross County, a defender making an arse of a clearence against St Johnstone and today it should have been the Livi playing being stupid in injury time.

But until these points we have carried no threat whatsoever and it's something that needs sorted. The Livi backline strolled that game for 90 minutes then tried to make a c**t of it but sadly we didn't take the chances.

Still been a good October despite the poor result today.

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

4 wins in 12 since 2018. 

Haven't beaten them away from home since February 2007. 

Have only beaten them once by more than one goal in the last 7 meetings. 

Other than rangers, they have taken more points off us than any other team since the 2018/2019 season. 

Failed to score in 6 of those 12 also.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When people go on about wanting Livi out the league, I wonder how they'd cope without days like this. The same teams that want rid of us always hop onto results like this and pish themselves laughing.

It was the exact same with Hamilton. No idea why fans want teams gone who are there on merit.

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When people go on about wanting Livi out the league

Aye, the snooty snobs. Their clubs are just an altogether higher class of football club than us, Hamilton or Ross County, you see.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Pish game overall. Turnbull and GG anonymous and no idea why Juranovic didn’t take the pen.

At times Livi had 7 across the back horrible team to watch and play against however we should have been better than what we were.

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tempting fate is a good thing, I'll give you a free hit M8, Livvy are our boogie team in recent times.
Joe Harte keeping the ball in on the half white line was the highlight of the game,the big Greek was never scoring today.
Livvy came for a point and got their point hope they go down,I'm going to volley the neighbors dug.

ainsley-harriott-lorraine-z.jpg

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When people go on about wanting Livi out the league, I wonder how they'd cope without days like this. The same teams that want rid of us always hop onto results like this and pish themselves laughing.

I love it, take it as a compliment ATLIS, it's because we take so many points off them and they hate playing us. f**k going there and getting scudded by 4 or 5 goals, absolute brilliant defensive performance by a team on a fraction of their budget.

That's 4pts we've taken from 2 games against them this season. 😎

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

App his record is 11 from 12 but he looks a total dud. Alarm bells should’ve been ringing when you get the Dutch leagues top scorer for £2m and totally unchallenged, I assume there’s a reason no Dutch teams we’re interested. Another in a long line of useless £2-3m strikers we’ve signed. 

I read somewhere that his record prior to last season was appalling - an average of 3 goals per season in the previous 7 or 8 seasons.

It may be that he’s a late blossomer however it may be that last season was a fluke.

Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I read somewhere that his record prior to last season was appalling - an average of 3 goals per season in the previous 7 or 8 seasons.

It may be that he’s a late blossomer however it may be that last season was a fluke.

Time will tell.

Looks like a classic one-season-wonder 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tempting fate is a good thing, I'll give you a free hit M8, Livvy are our boogie team in recent times.
Joe Harte keeping the ball in on the half white line was the highlight of the game,the big Greek was never scoring today.
Livvy came for a point and got their point hope they go down,I'm going to volley the neighbors dug.

I've read before that gauging the comparative strength of the Eredivisie is notoriously difficult, especially with strikers. Afonso Alves had an amazing goal-a-game record at Heerenveen yet flopped when moving to the EPL with Middlesbrough. That's only a single example, though, so hardly enough evidence to build a theory on. Celtic did once sign a half-decent Swedish forward from the Eredivisie, of course.

David Martindale feeling he had to spell out what a SWOT analysis stood for on radio Scotland was one of the more surreal moments of post-match car journeys.

Hes overtaken the Dundee United manager in the David Brent stakes with some of the stuff he comes out with.

Cracking point for the lions today though.

You can guarantee that Celtic would have been given a penalty for the Hart incident if it was at the other end, and there's absolutely no chance Celtic get a red card and concede a penalty for a nothing pat on the head. Embarrassing stuff from Kyogo, Madden, and the green bigots as a whole trying to justify those decisions.

Another easy point against those diddies though, delighted that things seem to have clicked for us and hopefully we can start properly looking up in the table.

15 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

You can guarantee that Celtic would have been given a penalty for the Hart incident if it was at the other end, and there's absolutely no chance Celtic get a red card and concede a penalty for a nothing pat on the head. Embarrassing stuff from Kyogo, Madden, and the green bigots as a whole trying to justify those decisions.

Another easy point against those diddies though, delighted that things seem to have clicked for us and hopefully we can start properly looking up in the table.

Looked like a penalty for Hart clattering Obileye, but it was also 100% a penalty for Obileye's stupidity. You can't raise your hands like that - the fact the ball was in play when he done it was even more brain dead.