East Fife vs Dumbarton

51 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones springs to mind 

We were awful on the day as well, make no mistake about that. I don’t think we are a bad team, though, despite that.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye it was imo. I think it might’ve been Stokes too, who was already on a booking, but the referee booked Schiavone instead.

Cheers, Jan.

The commentary team took quite a while to realise it wasn’t a goal, so I was busy giving it yaldi, only to be brought back down to earth. PTSD of last week.

Cheers, Jan.
The commentary team took quite a while to realise it wasn’t a goal, so I was busy giving it yaldi, only to be brought back down to earth. PTSD of last week.

To be fair the referee gave it. I was staggered but allowed myself to believe we’d actually rescued a point when he started pointing to halfway. Made me think our luck with decisions might’ve been evening itself out. It took a good few seconds before he paid any attention to his assistant and, by that stage, nobody had a clue what was happening. Ryan Schiavone’s family we’re still celebrating as East Fife took the free kick!

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

To be fair the referee gave it. I was staggered but allowed myself to believe we’d actually rescued a point when he started pointing to halfway. Made me think our luck with decisions might’ve been evening itself out. It took a good few seconds before he paid any attention to his assistant and, by that stage, nobody had a clue what was happening. Ryan Schiavone’s family we’re still celebrating as East Fife took the free kick!

Oh, he actually gave it? So the linesman overruled?

Also, clutching at straws, but 3 minutes really wasn’t enough injury time, given everything that had gone on in the second half.

Edited by FifeSons

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye it was imo. I think it might’ve been Stokes too, who was already on a booking, but the referee booked Schiavone instead.

I said that straight away at the time. The coverage didn't cover it well but I thought it was Stokes and assumed a 2nd booking meant yet another red card.

But I also thought Connell was booked for his overzealous celebrations when he scored and then got booked for timewasting before going off for a sub.

Happy with a win against a decimated Dumbarton team and drags them back into the shit show at the bottom.

Any team would struggle without their 2 main centre backs and we all know that McGeever loves playing against us so it was a good time for us to play Dumbarton. We will score goals with Connell and Wallace upfront.

It looks like we will have to rely on our home form again this season as we can’t seem to pick up anything on the road and with QP away next week I’m not holding out for much.

Any word on Ross Davidson coming back? He hasn’t featured at all this season.

6 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Happy with a win against a decimated Dumbarton team and drags them back into the shit show at the bottom.

Any team would struggle without their 2 main centre backs and we all know that McGeever loves playing against us so it was a good time for us to play Dumbarton. We will score goals with Connell and Wallace upfront.

It looks like we will have to rely on our home form again this season as we can’t seem to pick up anything on the road and with QP away next week I’m not holding out for much.

Any word on Ross Davidson coming back? He hasn’t featured at all this season.

Ross Davidson Arron Dunsmore and Stewart Murdoch all returned to jogging last week so shouldn’t be long before they are  back to full fitness. Think Davidson has had a broken foot. 

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

We were awful on the day as well, make no mistake about that. I don’t think we are a bad team, though, despite that.

Would appear you’ve not been setting it on fire for a few weeks now with only one point from a possible 15. Every team will have poor runs once you get on a losing run the confidence goes a bit. A lot of twist and turns yet 24 games to go and a big transfer window in January.

To the folk moaning at the referee. Look who it was "Lloyd Wilson" he's a diddy of the highest order. Doesn't give bad decisions for or against your team it's just constant bad decisions. Luckily he plays with linesmen who help him out

He was like Pierluigi Collina compared to Scott Lambie last week. I thought had a decent enough game all things considered.

With regards to the stream yesterday, we have now streamed more 70 games home & away live over the last 2 years & on the whole we have had very few complaints, certainly far fewer than clubs who use pixalot have by all accounts. There were no issues with the stream quality yesterday so I suggest that those who struggled with the quality check their own broadband. We will however review the footage from yesterday & if we need to make some adjustments on how we film, we will! One thing I will make no apology for though is our commentator Daniel. He brings an excitement to what sometimes can be a dog of a game & if you don’t like it then mute him. He has been brilliant for us over the last 4 or 5 years & hope he still wants to do it for the next 5 years. I enquired if Dumbarton’s commentator Fraser would like to do co-comms yesterday but he had other plans for the game. Hopefully  we will be able to do this later in the season.

There is a lot of time, expense & effort goes into our media output & I would thank all who assist with it.

With regards to the stream yesterday, we have now streamed more 70 games home & away live over the last 2 years & on the whole we have had very few complaints, certainly far fewer than clubs who use pixalot have by all accounts. There were no issues with the stream quality yesterday so I suggest that those who struggled with the quality check their own broadband. We will however review the footage from yesterday & if we need to make some adjustments on how we film, we will! One thing I will make no apology for though is our commentator Daniel. He brings an excitement to what sometimes can be a dog of a game & if you don’t like it then mute him. He has been brilliant for us over the last 4 or 5 years & hope he still wants to do it for the next 5 years. I enquired if Dumbarton’s commentator Fraser would like to do co-comms yesterday but he had other plans for the game. Hopefully  we will be able to do this later in the season.
There is a lot of time, expense & effort goes into our media output & I would thank all who assist with it.

I promise you having watched nearly every away game (and plenty home ones) on a stream over the past 12 months the quality on this one was dreadful compared to every other one. The picture was quite clear but the footage kept jumping about making it painful to watch.

What I can say though is that the Video quality was better than the commentary which was enough to make the ears bleed. If your player got beyond the halfway line it pretty much turned into full on shouting. The guy or someone next to him also appeared to have a breakdown when one of your players picked up a minor looking injury and went off.

13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I don’t think we are a bad team, though, despite that.

I’m not so sure tbh. On the evidence of the last 4 or 5 games we are pretty bad and I’m starting to think we are looking like being embroiled in another relegation battle. Realisticly how many other teams are we better than in this league?

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

The picture was absolutely fine but for some reason the cameraman seemed to want to zoom in far too often and if play stopped it was like the camera couldn't stop with play and it just panned around aimlessly.

I appreciate looking for some excitement but it was definitely OTT for most of yesterday. Crossing the halfway line and acting as if they were 1 on 1. Excitable fella but that's just my preference and opinion really.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not so sure tbh. On the evidence of the last 4 or 5 games we are pretty bad and I’m starting to think we are looking like being embroiled in another relegation battle. Realisticly how many other teams are we better than in this league?

I don’t think the bottom 4 will change it’s a case of trying to get enough points to stay out the bottom 2. Top 6 teams Montrose aside have a much healthier player budget . Teams like ourselves need a rub of the green with injuries and suspensions as we can’t afford strength in depth. We have certainly had our share of injuries and looked like another one yesterday. One thing that surprised me yesterday was Dumbarton players early on shouting at the referee you would have thought last week would have been a big lesson.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Tbf, we should’ve beaten Alloa. The Airdrie and Peterhead games were a farce (for different reasons). We went toe-to-toe in the QP game until giving away a stupid pen and yesterday was a consequence of the Airdrie madness.

Maybe I’m being too kind there, but I’m not worried yet.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Tbf, we should’ve beaten Alloa. The Airdrie and Peterhead games were a farce (for different reasons). We went toe-to-toe in the QP game until giving away a stupid pen and yesterday was a consequence of the Airdrie madness.

Maybe I’m being too kind there, but I’m not worried yet.

Don’t think your reasoning above counts for much because we drew with Queens Park, should have beaten Alloa away and beat Cove 4-2 and look where we are??????

Hurts me to say this, but we are probably going to see this league split into two min-leagues. This does not mean that no side is incabable of defeating any other. It's just the way things are panning out. 

Stop laughing up the back, but I think Falkirk will end up in the top half.