East Fife vs Dumbarton

Geggan, Buchanan, McGeever, MacLean and Syvertsen (not that that's news) all out for this one makes it a big ask. 

As I said last week, I wouldn't have been against dropping one of the centre-halves. But both being out is a major blow. Especially given how well they both did against East Fife at the Rock. I wonder if Paddy Boyle could move into left centre-half with Sam Muir coming in at left-back? Paddy's excellent in the air, reads the game well, but seriously lacks the pace to be a full-back these days. Sparky did well as a makeshift centre-back for us years ago, and he's not a dissimilar sort of player. Boyle would also be able to talk Muir through the game - which could help his rather wild defensive positioning.

Ross MacLean is a massive miss. He's been our biggest threat this season imo. But it gives Eoghan Stokes a chance that he's probably earned. And I'd hope to see him starting. I'm very relieved Paul Paton isn't ruled out in the match preview too.

Anyway I'd expect to see us line up with something like this.

Ramsbottom

Pignatiello Lynch Carswell Boyle

Paton McKee

Wilson Stokes Duthie

Schiavone

Imo that starting XI is good enough to take something from the game. But if we get any injuries or need to change it from the bench then we're in a bit of a sticky situation with only Orsi, Maley, McKnight and Muir available. Right now I'd bite your hand off for a low key draw and then aim to take three points from Clyde next week. Four points from the six in those two games would be a good return.

I can see there being goals though. Both teams concede plenty and - with Ryan Wallace and Kyle Connell back - East Fife have a bit of quality that was lacking the last time the teams met.

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Geggan, Buchanan, McGeever, MacLean and Syvertsen (not that that's news) all out for this one makes it a big ask. 

As I said last week, I wouldn't have been against dropping one of the centre-halves. But both being out is a major blow. Especially given how well they both did against East Fife at the Rock. I wonder if Paddy Boyle could move into left centre-half with Sam Muir coming in at left-back? Paddy's excellent in the air, reads the game well, but seriously lacks the pace to be a full-back these days. Sparky did well as a makeshift centre-back for us years ago, and he's not a dissimilar sort of player. Boyle would also be able to talk Muir through the game - which could help his rather wild defensive positioning.

Ross MacLean is a massive miss. He's been our biggest threat this season imo. But it gives Eoghan Stokes a chance that he's probably earned. And I'd hope to see him starting. I'm very relieved Paul Paton isn't ruled out in the match preview too.

Anyway I'd expect to see us line up with something like this.

Ramsbottom

Pignatiello Lynch Carswell Boyle

Paton McKee

Wilson Stokes Duthie

Schiavone

Imo that starting XI is good enough to take something from the game. But if we get any injuries or need to change it from the bench then we're in a bit of a sticky situation with only Orsi, Maley, McKnight and Muir available. Right now I'd bite your hand off for a low key draw and then aim to take three points from Clyde next week. Four points from the six in those two games would be a good return.

I can see there being goals though. Both teams concede plenty and - with Ryan Wallace and Kyle Connell back - East Fife have a bit of quality that was lacking the last time the teams met.

I think your last sentence may be highly significant tomorrow.  As for Ross McLean, I really hope he's been read the riot act by the team management; for a forward player his indiscipline has been shocking.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think your last sentence may be highly significant tomorrow.  As for Ross McLean, I really hope he's been read the riot act by the team management; for a forward player his indiscipline has been shocking.

I think that's a bit harsh. Regardless of what was said on Saturday I agree he needed a bollocking for giving the referee a decision to make when it was obvious he didn't take dissent. It was sheer stupidity - especially from a player who has a good chunk of experience under his belt.

Aside from that he's only been booked three times in 14 games though. Which doesn't seem unusual. Jai Quitongo picked up three bookings in three starts for us - and they were almost all for petulance. 

Short of your whole team coming down with rickets, McGeever and Buchanan being out is pretty much the best news we could get going into a game against Dumbarton. Not only does it weaken your defence but time and again, set pieces have been our Achilles heel against Dumbarton and those two are probably the biggest threats.

Absolutely no excuses for not picking up the 3 points tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, son hawk said:

Forgot how much of a sore head you get watching the EFTV camera

It's like watching an old silent film, but instead of a piano track playing over it you get the most excitable Fifer known to man screaming his head off when there's a thrown in. I'm glad I've got the cans in. 

East Fife have been absolutely pish yet we have managed to be worse. Players dont look in any sort of shape, I'm not sure a game that we're down to the bare bones is the one to be trying out 352 formations for the first time. Hopefully Faz realises that and changes it up.