Ross County v Hibs - Wed 24th Nov (fingers crossed.......)

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Shock horror....Livi get pumped with 5 games in 14 days against 5 teams currently in the top 6 to accommodate this shit show. f**k the SPFL and f**k Hibs

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-given-new-date-re-25379217

Viva la SPFL and viva la Hibs.

• Leith Green changed the title to Ross County v Hibs - Wed 24th Nov (fingers crossed.......)
Shock horror....Livi get pumped with 5 games in 14 days against 5 teams currently in the top 6 to accommodate this shit show. f**k the SPFL and f**k Hibs

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-given-new-date-re-25379217

Or "postponed game moved to next available midweek".

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think there is a rule if you have 3 players on International duty you can get the game postponed. Dunno if Hibs have an U21 player or another senior one to make up the 3.

Are Cyprus playing? If so, that'll be Gogic away. I know, I know, but they don't really have a choice do they?

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

irony GIF

It is of course a concern that next time we go to Ibrox, the - previously placid and good natured - bears will now spit on us, throw pish and other missiles at us, call us tarriers, papes, ******s etc and get no protection at all from the police or stewards.

On 04/11/2021 at 19:41, Leith Green said:

Are you suggesting that Livi were not consulted about the rearranged fixture, and were not allowed the same latitude to question the dates, in the same way as Hibs did?

But - yes - lets turn that into "f**k hibs".............................

Don't think the SPFL give you the option to refuse, from what i read we didn't want to play the fixture in December but as usual, clubs and players opinions don't matter. So 7 games in December it is and tough shit.

57 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think the SPFL give you the option to refuse, from what i read we didn't want to play the fixture in December but as usual, clubs and players opinions don't matter. So 7 games in December it is and tough shit.

I get that you are pissed off etc, and dont disagree - we have 8 fixtures in December.....................

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I get that you are pissed off etc, and dont disagree - we have 8 fixtures in December.....................

Yeah that's a ridiculous amount of games to have to play, then hardly any in Jan, with the winter break. Anyone with a bit of common sense would have left this fixture till next year.

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Interesting comparison with @HibeeJibees post on the "Photographic History" thread (page 462) regarding the example of the Jambos in the 60's. Different days, but at least all teams in the league faced largely the same number of games per season - 7 or 8 a month today is an overload more often seen in the Highland League in the spring.

Edited by House Bartender

They'll be terrified the national emergency turns bad over the winter resulting in play being stopped and they're sat with games they could have played in free midweeks but chose not to. Even discounting winter break there are 6 free European midweeks in February-March-April (it won't be televised) and 1 more totally free being Wednesday 2nd February.

Even without the pandemic they'd want to get the game played as soon as possible just in case there ends up being a fixture backlog as a result of a few postponements due to the weather or the League Cup final. You can very quickly end up with a team struggling to fit games in.

Are you suggesting that Livi were not consulted about the rearranged fixture, and were not allowed the same latitude to question the dates, in the same way as Hibs did?
But - yes - lets turn that into "f**k hibs".............................

No, Livi were not consulted....Livi were told to play the fixture on the new date so yes....f**k Hibs and f**k the SPFL

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

No, Livi were not consulted....Livi were told to play the fixture on the new date so yes....f**k Hibs and f**k the SPFL

Imagine sookin up to that hearts walloper, you just hit full minter...........

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

On 08/11/2021 at 22:52, HibeeJibee said:

They'll be terrified the national emergency turns bad over the winter resulting in play being stopped and they're sat with games they could have played in free midweeks but chose not to. Even discounting winter break there are 6 free European midweeks in February-March-April (it won't be televised) and 1 more totally free being Wednesday 2nd February.

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Even without the pandemic they'd want to get the game played as soon as possible just in case there ends up being a fixture backlog as a result of a few postponements due to the weather or the League Cup final. You can very quickly end up with a team struggling to fit games in.

I think sticking it in to an already congested fixture list is also something they shouldn't be doing, 5 games in 14 days is taking the piss.

What I love about Hibs most at the moment (and trust me, at the moment I love very little about the current players, coaching team and ownership of the club) is our ability to constantly have every other club absolutely foaming at the mouth over us.

Whether it’s our tackling, covid procedures or players getting called up for the national team, diving, the residents of Pie and Bovril aswell as twitter dot com seem to be utterly losing the head over everything we do at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the things we’ve done like the NFT shit, Ron Gordon’s guff about the clubs in the SPFL and all that pish, I strongly disagree with but everyone losing the plot over us rn and it’s class.

Edited by Les Cabbage

28 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

What I love about Hibs most at the moment (and trust me, at the moment I love very little about the current players, coaching team and ownership of the club) is our ability to constantly have every other club absolutely foaming at the mouth over us.

Whether it’s our tackling, covid procedures or players getting called up for the national team, diving, the residents of Pie and Bovril aswell as twitter dot com seem to be utterly losing the head over everything we do at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the things we’ve done like the NFT shit, Ron Gordon’s guff about the clubs in the SPFL and all that pish, I strongly disagree with but everyone losing the plot over us rn and it’s class.

This post is the clearest sign yet that hibs are dire.