Ross County v Hibs - Wed 24th Nov (fingers crossed.......)

All jokes aside it’s a fucking shambles from Hibs, there were rumours going around group chats of Hanlon and Gogic having covid around 8am this morning and apparently players having a game of poker with the two of them round.

There’s no chance they didn’t know about it until 11:45, they don’t give a f**k about us and they never have.

Not sure I believe the poker thing though, if this team played a game of poker the game would never end, every player would just be constantly folding.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

All jokes aside it’s a fucking shambles from Hibs, there were rumours going around group chats of Hanlon and Gogic having covid around 8am this morning and apparently players having a game of poker with the two of them round.

There’s no chance they didn’t know about it until 11:45, they don’t give a f**k about us and they never have.

Not sure I believe the poker thing though, if this team played a game of poker the game would never end, every player would just be constantly folding.

They probably waited until they got the Intel that you were in the Highlands before announcing it.........

Anyone care to explain to me how we were forced to play when we were hit by covid but Hibs somehow don't?

It has been explained by several people, several million times by this point. It comes down to the number of available players. St Mirren had more than 13 available and could therefore play - Hibs must have fewer than 13 available and therefore it is off.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It comes down to the number of available players. St Mirren had more than 13 available and could therefore play - Hibs must have fewer than 13 available and therefore it is off.

"must have"

Convenient for them, eh?

I'll be expecting the SPFL to be launching an investigation..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11797/12118032/st-mirren-to-be-investigated-by-spfl-over-alleged-breach-of-coronavirus-rules

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

"must have"

Convenient for them, eh?

I'll be expecting the SPFL to be launching an investigation..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11797/12118032/st-mirren-to-be-investigated-by-spfl-over-alleged-breach-of-coronavirus-rules

I’m sure they will since you’re expecting them to. 

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Anyone else get the 9:38 train, get their bevy taken off them at Perth by the jobsworth transport police for the game to be off when we’re not even at Aviemore yet?

Get it clean up me.

Getting pished in Inverness it is, train homes no till 7:30 😂..

Don’t think you are supposed to drink on the trains if heading to the football are you?

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought the rules were now that if double vaccinated, you don't have to isolate as a close contact unless you show symptoms? Surely the majority aren't unvaccinated?

Speaking as someone who was identified as a close contact last week, if you're double-vaccinated you have to isolate until you receive a negative PCR test. Then you can get back to normal. So if the positive tests were done this morning, as suggested, there wouldn't be enough time to turn around PCR tests for close contacts pre-match.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Don’t think you are supposed to drink on the trains if heading to the football are you?

Hides scarf. Puts on Yank accent. "Gee willerkins, would you look at that glorious Highland scenery. What do you mean you're taking away my beer.."

This would work on a train to Inverness. Perhaps not so much going to Airdrie.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Anyone care to explain to me how we were forced to play when we were hit by covid but Hibs somehow don't?

You had players you could put on the field. The Hibs players only tested positive after everyone shared a bus up to Dingwall. There was no question of anyone being forced to play - it's either a forfeit or a postponement.

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It's a papist conspiracy. Someone said on Facepage or Twatter.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde...

To lose one player to covid is misfortune, to lose a couple is carelessness, to lose half a team is downright negligent and the league should look into fining the club - like it did others.

33 minutes ago, Ric said:

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde...

To lose one player to covid is misfortune, to lose a couple is carelessness, to lose half a team is downright negligent and the league should look into fining the club - like it did others.

Duh....................

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7925574/hibs-tested-positive-covid-asymptomatic-ross-county-postponement/

HIBS had to call off their clash with Ross County after losing HALF of their squad and staff to Covid.

Jack Ross and his players travelled up to Dingwall yesterday on two buses, as per JRG regulations.

But when the group reported for lateral flow tests at their Highland base at 10am, two produced positive results.

And when it then emerged the pair had travelled up together the rest of those on their coach, which included players and coaches, were identified as close contacts, ruling them all out.

Boss Ross was also unable to call on the club’s under-18s, who played Hamilton on Friday night, with rules forbidding them playing two games inside 24 hours.

And at 11am Hibs had to regrettably inform the SPFL they did not have enough players to take on the Staggies.

A club statement said: “Two first team players have tested positive in the latest round of testing this morning. They have been in close contact to a number of other players in the squad that travelled to Dingwall.

“We have taken all appropriate precautions including transporting the squad on two coaches, however in-line with SPFL regulations and guidance, we have no other alternative than to postpone the fixture due to the number of players affected making us unable to field a team.

SunSport understands the Easter Road club, who had been testing every day in the lead up to the trip north, made special precautions to get those affected back down to Edinburgh today.

But there is an understandable concern that more players could test positive in the coming days.

And it remains to be seen how that will affect Ross’ squad in the build-up to next weekend’s league match with Livingston.

Both players are asymptomatic and those self-isolating will be able to return if they are double vaccinated and return a negative PCR test.