Euro 2022

Christophe

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Trying to work out where Miedema has picked up her Scottish twang then read that her other half is Scottish so must have picked it up from her.

Her other half is Lisa Evans.

29 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Sweden / Netherlands has been excellent so far, really enjoyable match.

I was watching the Rangers vs Sunderland friendly.  Terrible game.  Two scratch teams playing a kick-about in a crap stadium.  The broadcast stream went down then the floodlights failed and we don't know if the game can carry own.

Meanwhile, SWE vs NED women - two quality sides - are serving up great football in a busy stadium with functioning floodlights and a stable stream.

Men's football has a long way to go...

Edited by The_Kincardine

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was watching the Rangers vs Sunderland friendly.  Terrible game.  Two scratch teams playing a kick-about in a crap stadium.  The broadcast stream went down then the floodlights failed and we don't know if the game can carry own.

Meanwhile, SWE vs NED women - two quality sides - are serving up great football in a busy stadium with functioning floodlights and a stable stream.

Men's football has a long way to go...

Ha Ha, that men’s football will never catch on. 😄

I think a draw in the Sweden / Netherlands game was a fair result, the young Dutch keeper that came on did so well.  As my daughter is a young goalkeeper I know how thankless a position it can be, I always root for the women’s goalies to do well.

32 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think a draw in the Sweden / Netherlands game was a fair result, the young Dutch keeper that came on did so well.  As my daughter is a young goalkeeper I know how thankless a position it can be, I always root for the women’s goalies to do well.

I only saw the 2nd half but NED looked good.  Decent pace, passing and movement.  A better watch than Rangers vs Sunderland!

Women's goalkeeping had come on a lot over the past few years.  Rangers TV have run short articles on Jenna Fine and (now departed) Megan Cunningham and they put in a  power of work in the gym.  It would kill the likes of you or I!

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Missed the 1st game today due to being at Ayr v Elgin 😔 seems I missed a cracker!

Tonight's game was decent. Commentators saying it was a dry run for the final. Wouldnt go that far! I've saw better teams so far than Sweden and the Netherlands 

Germany were very impressive last night!

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought she had a great game.

Second half wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but a most enjoyable match nevertheless, draw was probably fair.

Looking at the mixture of grounds and locations being used there is no reason scotland shouldn't be trying to host this competition. 

We could easily do Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Perth, Dundee and even the likes of Dunfermline and Inverness