Euro 2022

Christophe

11 hours ago, red23 said:

Why, because i think the game standard is awful??? Aye ok woke warrior. 

Football is a game that can be played and enjoyed by everybody regardless of ability. 

Sure some of the quality was poor but then there are rank rotten games in the EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga every week. Give me a game like last night than a game between two male sides who spend more time rolling about the ground and moaning at the ref than actually playing football anyday

5 hours ago, Robbie Shepherd said:

Hale thing's deid tae me min - Ever since that heelin hockey p***k took o'er.  Nae place for us aaler folkies ony mair.  

Onywye, back tae the weemin's fitba - and advice tae the English loons who've takkin tae it - mhak hey fin the sun shines.

Fair enough, min.

Piece on reporting Scotland Tonight wondering if it will enhance the women's Game in Scotland.

Well the Game here is now under the auspicious of the competent, honest, beyond reproach,  Shithouses of the SPFL with that p***k Doncaster at the helm , so have a think about how that's likely to turn out

I went to the game on Sunday with my wife, daughter and son. All wearing their England tops apart from me in my Scoland top.

I'll be honest I had a good time. I couldn't bring myself to "support" England but for the benefit of my young daughter especially I at least kept my thoughts to myself and just showed my appreciation for the occasion.

Wife has been playing football since she was little, she had to play for the men's University team as there was no women team at the time, she was only allowed to train and play friendlies not in the league which was "male only", this was only 14 years ago. She coaches our sons team. Two players left when they found out that she was taking over coaching, it wasn't said to her face but the parents of the two kids told another parent that they didn't think there would be a benefit for their sons being coached by a female and wanted them to be coached by a male. She played for the local women's team, she would wait until the Friday night to see what the weather was like, if it was chucking it down and pitches waterlogged, hard frosted surfaces in winter she would watch the youth teams, mens and veterans teams all play before the ladies were told that their games couldn't go ahead due to "unplayable surfaces".

To say that she was in tearful on Sunday would be an understatement. She sees it hopefully as a seminal moment in women's football where it is taken seriously and as equals at a grassroots level, if not at a professional level, for the development of a game she's loved as much as any boy since she was a wee girl, and also for our daughters sake.

The game won't be for everyone, someone said that the fans sounded like they were at a pop concert which I would say it is accurate, it didn't have that charged atmosphere that men's games too, but it also as result it lost that toxicity, I was nervous about wearing my top, so much so I took another t-shirt to change into unless I got grief, didn't need to worry as nobody batted an eyelid. Just a good family friendly affair, no trouble.

All in all I'm not ashamed to say I had a good time, more importantly my daughter loved it. Just wish it was Scotland I was watching.

Hopefully then powers at be in the Scottish game don't miss this opportunity, we have some good players, Weir, Cuthbert etc, we need to develop the game so that we don't get left behind.

If I get the chance I'll definitely make more of an effort to go and take in a Scottish lassies game/follow them, take my little girl too, see if I can turn her away from the dark side!!

England is the richest Women's League in Europe, some of the top clubs are likely to have budgets greater than most of the male Scottish League clubs 

And the FA hired one of the best coaches of the women's game 

And they were playing at home

THINKS: in hindsight I should have stuck a fiver on them to win. Bugger.

7 hours ago, Camster said:

I went to the game on Sunday with my wife, daughter and son. All wearing their England tops apart from me in my Scoland top.

I'll be honest I had a good time. I couldn't bring myself to "support" England but for the benefit of my young daughter especially I at least kept my thoughts to myself and just showed my appreciation for the occasion.

Wife has been playing football since she was little, she had to play for the men's University team as there was no women team at the time, she was only allowed to train and play friendlies not in the league which was "male only", this was only 14 years ago. She coaches our sons team. Two players left when they found out that she was taking over coaching, it wasn't said to her face but the parents of the two kids told another parent that they didn't think there would be a benefit for their sons being coached by a female and wanted them to be coached by a male. She played for the local women's team, she would wait until the Friday night to see what the weather was like, if it was chucking it down and pitches waterlogged, hard frosted surfaces in winter she would watch the youth teams, mens and veterans teams all play before the ladies were told that their games couldn't go ahead due to "unplayable surfaces".

To say that she was in tearful on Sunday would be an understatement. She sees it hopefully as a seminal moment in women's football where it is taken seriously and as equals at a grassroots level, if not at a professional level, for the development of a game she's loved as much as any boy since she was a wee girl, and also for our daughters sake.

The game won't be for everyone, someone said that the fans sounded like they were at a pop concert which I would say it is accurate, it didn't have that charged atmosphere that men's games too, but it also as result it lost that toxicity, I was nervous about wearing my top, so much so I took another t-shirt to change into unless I got grief, didn't need to worry as nobody batted an eyelid. Just a good family friendly affair, no trouble.

All in all I'm not ashamed to say I had a good time, more importantly my daughter loved it. Just wish it was Scotland I was watching.

Hopefully then powers at be in the Scottish game don't miss this opportunity, we have some good players, Weir, Cuthbert etc, we need to develop the game so that we don't get left behind.

If I get the chance I'll definitely make more of an effort to go and take in a Scottish lassies game/follow them, take my little girl too, see if I can turn her away from the dark side!!

As I said the omens don't look good with the SPFL steering the ship

On 01/08/2022 at 09:30, Empty It said:

Again the team are probably the least offensive thing about this win, the media and fans are absolutely nauseating. Also don't get me started on the commentators last night, the clips they're playing are absolutely soulless and shite.

Nicely summarised.

The 'B'BC site has an article about how to get into watching women's football. Entirely in England.

10 hours ago, Camster said:

Ferr enuff. I think you've steered a very careful and clever course family-wise. Do go and see the Scotland women's team. They were until recently a joy to watch but have rather hit the sand and become laboured of late. Not sure why.

I'm in a similar situation English wife and kids. I've ruined the eldest by getting her to a few Raith games so that's a misery that will keep on giving.

However she's been absolutely captivated by this tournament and has seen an England team free scoring and winning the thing so has jumped on that. 

I fucking curse Scotland had they qualified instead of Finland they would have played all 3 games within a reasonable distance of where I live and I could have ruined international football for her as well. 

I've not had the hugely awkward conversation about why Raith don't have a women's team.

Edited by pub car king