Euro 2022

Christophe

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Told you there would be a head's gone on here tonight. 😂

You guys have been banging on for years about wanting the 1966 talk to stop.

And tonight it has been ended. But you're still not happy. Can't think why. 😂

Anybody thinking the 1966 chat will stop is deluded. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

As a tournament it has been good to watch, France, Spain, Germany and of course England impressed with their performances and goal scoring. Iceland went unbeaten but out in the group stages which is classic Scotland for those of us old enough to remember those things. 

It will be interesting once the hype dies down as to how much this has raised the profile of the women's game when the world cup comes round next year. 

Personally I've enjoyed watching the games with my daughter who has been genuinely captured by it and asked no end of ridiculous questions but enthusiastic 10 year old do that. 

Did the best team win? 

On the day I think the Germans should have won it in the 90, however over the month England performed time and again, you can't ignore the home advantage but they still got the job done. 

As well as playing some really good football throughout the manager got the decisions right in every single match. 

As an aside I find myself strangely attracted to big Mary in goal but that maybe says more about me. 

Bud this was getting a greenie right up to the last paragraph! Jokes aside, really nice to hear your daughter has loved the tournament. Maybe you could take her along to see a womens game. Not sure your team but the Scottish top flight has some decent teams, not "Lioness" standard but it would be a start for your lassie

53 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Christ - the world war pish from someone born about 40 years afterwards.

What a fucking arsehole he is.

The Nigels are obsessed with war.  The more 'foreigners' killed, the better.

Again the team are probably the least offensive thing about this win, the media and fans are absolutely nauseating. Also don't get me started on the commentators last night, the clips they're playing are absolutely soulless and shite.

Finally come hame ma' a**e.

Affa funny watchin a' the England loons jumping oan the quines' bandwagon - something they didna care about jist twa wikks ago. 

Spikkin' aboot it oan every wireless station gan the noo, absolutely desperate fur something tae hing oan tae.  😂

Just now, Robbie Shepherd said:

Finally come hame ma' a**e.

Affa funny watchin a' the England loons jumping oan the quines' bandwagon - something they didna care about jist twa wikks ago. 

Spikkin' aboot it oan every wireless station gan the noo, absolutely desperate fur something tae hing oan tae.  😂

Fans tak ‘i floor coming back?

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Fans tak ‘i floor coming back?

Hale thing's deid tae me min - Ever since that heelin hockey p***k took o'er.  Nae place for us aaler folkies ony mair.  

Onywye, back tae the weemin's fitba - and advice tae the English loons who've takkin tae it - mhak hey fin the sun shines.

9 hours ago, red23 said:

Why, because i think the game standard is awful??? Aye ok woke warrior. 

You're posting on a multi-team, multi-league, multi-competition forum based on one simple premise:  that football can be enjoyed and appreciated at every level.  More than that, the forum appreciates blokes who trudge along to, say, Central Park each week - more in hope than expectation - rather than (largely now) armchair fans like me who support relatively successful clubs.  It's a forum that respects the shitey, diddy teams who live within their means and define success in fairly modest terms - mostly by trying to do better this season compared to last.

Sadly, where that model breaks down is when the players on the park have tits.  Then, pathetic wee plamphs like you come out with the 'women's fitba's shite' patter.  Not only is it tedious but - as we've seen in this tournament - it's also wrong.  It's been a really enjoyable watch and credit to the women for putting on such a show.  

Saying that doesn't make me woke.  But you are a dinosaur.

53 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're posting on a multi-team, multi-league, multi-competition forum based on one simple premise:  that football can be enjoyed and appreciated at every level.  More than that, the forum appreciates blokes who trudge along to, say, Central Park each week - more in hope than expectation - rather than (largely now) armchair fans like me who support relatively successful clubs.  It's a forum that respects the shitey, diddy teams who live within their means and define success in fairly modest terms - mostly by trying to do better this season compared to last.

Sadly, where that model breaks down is when the players on the park have tits.  Then, pathetic wee plamphs like you come out with the 'women's fitba's shite' patter.  Not only is it tedious but - as we've seen in this tournament - it's also wrong.

Indeed.  Some o' the moves by the Germans were affa fine.  Ye'll nae see see a Cowden or even a League Twa side makkin' a move and feenish like last nicht's equaliser.  They'd genuinely wipe the flair wi' some SPFL teams wha can only dream aboot regularly delivering crosses like that.  Much o' the ither play wis fantoosh, but some fowk will jist focus oan the weak shots - geein' it the "they're too weak" sh*te.