Euro 2022

Christophe

Another tournament where home advantage undoubtedly helped - England really should have lost today and against Spain - I can't help feeling if both opponents had been more direct instead of just trying to walk the ball into the net the results would have been different. England were direct and took their chances both games.

18 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Acht, fair play to England. They took their chances and defended set pieces, Germany didnt. 

That's the Coach and Team of the year decided for the SPOTY

Also the whole squad to get something in the New Years Honours list

Edited by Wile E Coyote

28 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Germany were rotten in extra time so didn't really deserve to get anything from that.

Cue the football's come home pish for the next few days.

Days? That’s optimistic.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think Prime Ministers usually award some honours before leaving office so they might not have to wait that long.

Having to meet that c**t Boris Johnson is suitable punishment for the England team for winning a major final that we’ll never hear the end of.

As much as I'm gutted, I think England were deserved winners. 22 goals scored and only 2 conceded. Perfect substitutions from SW in every game. It might have been a different game with Popp in bullying the defence especially at set pieces but we will never know.

Most of the England ladies seem quite likeable, Williamson and especially Daly aside. More so than their Male counterparts earning obscene money whilst the womens game in England has meant it's only in the last few years theyve been able to make a living out of it. They deserve it but aye I'm scunnered 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Germany were rotten in extra time so didn't really deserve to get anything from that.

Cue the football's come home pish for the next few days  ever.

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as I'm gutted, I think England were deserved winners. 22 goals scored and only 2 conceded. Perfect substitutions from SW in every game. It might have been a different game with Popp in bullying the defence especially at set pieces but we will never know.

Most of the England ladies seem quite likeable, Williamson and especially Daly aside. More so than their Male counterparts earning obscene money whilst the womens game in England has meant it's only in the last few years theyve been able to make a living out of it. They deserve it but aye I'm scunnered 

Yon Ellen White is a torn faced greeting cheating fanny.

As a tournament it has been good to watch, France, Spain, Germany and of course England impressed with their performances and goal scoring. Iceland went unbeaten but out in the group stages which is classic Scotland for those of us old enough to remember those things. 

It will be interesting once the hype dies down as to how much this has raised the profile of the women's game when the world cup comes round next year. 

Personally I've enjoyed watching the games with my daughter who has been genuinely captured by it and asked no end of ridiculous questions but enthusiastic 10 year old do that. 

Did the best team win? 

On the day I think the Germans should have won it in the 90, however over the month England performed time and again, you can't ignore the home advantage but they still got the job done. 

As well as playing some really good football throughout the manager got the decisions right in every single match. 

As an aside I find myself strangely attracted to big Mary in goal but that maybe says more about me.