Euro 2022

Christophe

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as I detest any England team, this one can be admired. They never settle for a one goal win. They are rampant and enjoyable to watch. They play football the "right way". Deserved finalists, sadly 

I would fancy them against our national (mens) side.

4 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

I think this was a tournament too far for Lindahl. She's been a big part of Sweden's relative success in tournaments over the past decade and a bit, but you feel she is being selected on reputation rather than merit lately. Got a way with a few errors in the group stages and has had a shocker tonight.

Lindahl doesn't deserve all the blame.  Sweden started well and should conceivably have been leading, and even at 0-2 in the second-half they had England pegged back but failed to score.  After that, cave-in.

Whilst England are undoubtedly a very good team/squad they have at times look exposed and they've benefited from goals at crucial times in the last two matches, none more so than Toone's equaliser against a technically better Spain.

Germany on the traditional penalties on Sunday please.

You can't put a gloss on that.  Sweden were thoroughly skelped.

Some great performances from the English lassies - and Earps, Williamson and Bright at the back were magnificent after the first half hour.

I still fancy Germany for the tournament but tomorrow night should be some game.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Sweden are hopeless.

They’re ranked higher than France apparently. I can’t see how that is humanely possible. They’re horseshit.

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

They would be quite enjoyable to watch if we didn’t have to watch it on the equivalent of England Fans TV. 

I am just glad I am away camping over the weekend. 

An 'in tents' Sunday all round then.

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Whilst England are undoubtedly a very good team/squad they have at times look exposed and they've benefited from goals at crucial times in the last two matches,

Tonight's opener for England was - to use a good P&B phrase - 'a kick in the pie' for Sweden but the goal itself was merited - and a good finish - irrespective of how good Sweden were in the previous 30 mins.

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

none more so than Toone's equaliser against a technically better Spain.

My mantra throughout the tournament is that pace & power>>>technical ability.  We saw that for England vs Spain and, I think, we saw it again tonight in that - player for player - Sweden are more technically gifted than England.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

An 'in tents' Sunday all round then.

It will be now, my English Mrs has just announced that ‘we should be home in time to watch the game on Sunday ’ 🫣

Come on France/Germany(delete as appropriate after tomorrow) 😂

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It will be now, my English Mrs has just announced that ‘we should be home in time to watch the game on Sunday ’ 🫣

Come on France/Germany(delete as appropriate after tomorrow) 😂

Currywurst over the campfire for you.  England would beat France but not Germany.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Milking these celebrations now. Acting like theyve won the whole thing already 

Them losing at Wembley after all of this would be glorious tbf. They never ever learn.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Them losing at Wembley after all of this would be glorious tbf. They never ever learn.

Learn what? Not to enjoy periods of relative success when both the men and women can reach a final of a major tournament. It is meant to be fun you know. I mean, I was at Scotland's (men's) win against Denmark and there was some proper celebration after that, and that was just for winning a home draw in a tie that was then lost!

4 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Learn what? Not to enjoy periods of relative success when both the men and women can reach a final of a major tournament. It is meant to be fun you know. I mean, I was at Scotland's (men's) win against Denmark and there was some proper celebration after that, and that was just for winning a home draw in a tie that was then lost!

Away you go. You know exactly what I mean.

BBC Breakfast did a piece this morning about some silly baldy man who went to the pub to watch the match with his “mates”.

The pub and it’s atmosphere was exactly like the Doritos advert. There was even a baby in its wee rocker chair there.

Absolutely fucking woeful.