Euro 2022

Christophe

The cringey 'lionesses' patter.  The braying of the commentators.  The 'coming home' shite from the crowd all make England hard to like.  That being said their win backs up my 'pace and power' thesis.  Spain played the better football - their No 6 was brilliant - but England bullied their way to the win.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The cringey 'lionesses' patter.  The braying of the commentators.  The 'coming home' shite from the crowd all make England hard to like.  That being said their win backs up my 'pace and power' thesis.  Spain played the better football - their No 6 was brilliant - but England bullied their way to the win.

I wouldn’t mind watching England if it wasn’t for the commentary that we have to put up with it. A neutral commentary option would make it much more bearable.

I understand that they want them to win and we would probably be the same if Scotland were playing but there is little or no balanced coverage. 

It’s like watching a Dons game at Ibrox on Rangers TV. 😉

I feel for you down in Englandshire with all that ‘coming home’ pish you will have to put up with now. If it’s any consolation my English wife who has previously been moaning at me watching the games has now suddenly taken an interest in it!🤦🏻‍♂️

I thought the England equaliser should have been disallowed for a foul on the Spanish defender whenever it happened and subsequent replays haven't changed ny mind.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought the England equaliser should have been disallowed for a foul on the Spanish defender whenever it happened and subsequent replays haven't changed ny mind.

That's what the Spanish were complaining about.

The referee was very weak as well - kept giving free kicks for English players diving - I'm surprised she didn't give the one that they were screaming penalty for.  It's almost Harry Kane like how they go down.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

10 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I feel for you down in Englandshire with all that ‘coming home’ pish you will have to put up with now. If it’s any consolation my English wife who has previously been moaning at me watching the games has now suddenly taken an interest in it!🤦🏻‍♂️

Hasn't captured the imagination of the public - well not the one I meet - anything like the men's tourney 2 years ago.  My kids aren't really fussed about it and have only watched games when they stayed with me but otherwise don't bother.  And the "5pm discussion group" in our local  - mostly 50 and 60-somethings like me - have very little to say on the subject.  The landlord has a big marquee that he uses for football and rugby but hasn't opened it so far - though he said he'll do so if ENG reach the final.

I think it's mostly just the enthusiasts who've been following.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In from work and only caught this game from 20 mins in, it's all been Germany! Was it like that all half? 

No - Germany scored at a point when Austria looked more likely (and had just hit the post).

6 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

German TV has been showing the news for the entirety of half time. Can you ever imagine English TV cutting to the news in a game they were playing instead of bumming up the team for 15 minutes?

English TV doesn't normally require England to even be playing to spend the whole of half time  bumming the team up.

Edited by Rodhull