Euro 2022

Christophe

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

That's a crazy decision.

Gets it right first time in real-time and from a distance, watches multiple slow-motion replays of the high, studs-up challenge into an opponent's thigh, downgrades to yellow.

😀

VAR is a fcking shambles at times. A clearer red you wont see this year 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

VAR is a fcking shambles at times. A clearer red you wont see this year 

Absolutely remarkable.

I mean, VAR is shite, no question. But the referee can still use her eyes to look and see that she was absolutely right.

I can only imagine that after being asked to look at it again she has basically shat herself and lost the courage of her convictions.

She got the call right on her own. Just leave it.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Absolutely remarkable.

I mean, VAR is shite, no question. But the referee can still use her eyes to look and see that she was absolutely right.

I can only imagine that after being asked to look at it again she has basically shat herself and lost the courage of her convictions.

She got the call right on her own. Just leave it.

I can only assume that having watched it back and changed her mind, she hasn't got the faintest idea what the decision should be. 

5 minutes ago, Paxo said:

I can only assume that having watched it back and changed her mind, she hasn't got the faintest idea what the decision should be. 

I mean, if that kind of challenge is now a yellow, then I for one welcome fitba's return to the 1970s.

Fantastic stuff.

Classic example of a time you'd love to have an interview with the ref and ask for her rationale. There's probably about four separate reasons for it to be a red.

Deserved from the French lassies.

Really enjoying this tournament.  The organisers have got the choice of venues and ticket pricing right so you get a decent crowd plus some of the football has been good.  The passing and movement for the 4th French goal was delightful at any level.

I'm out tomorrow afternoon so will miss most of the NI game but best wishes to Demi Vance and her team in what will be a tough game.

Took in Belgium v Iceland yesterday. Jonsdottir was a strange player. Anytime she was marked tightly she was like Bambi on ice and couldn't control the ball. Give her a bit of space and she ran at the fullbacks and was the most dangerous player on the pitch. Belgium's #10 was awesome. Broke up a lot in the middle of the park and was the main source for all their attacks on the counter.

Was sat amongst the Belgian fans who sang/chanted exclusively in English. Is this what they usually do? I've never considered how Belgian fans got over them having two different languages the other half of the country doesn't bother learning. 

Also just some laugh that Jonsdottir is nearly 5'10 and Belgium's left back is under 5ft

596095796_WhatsAppImage2022-07-10at9_50_02PM.jpeg.ce003be13d7937ba845966345517a4fd.jpeg