Peterhead V Montrose

1 hour ago, Toon 68 said:

Took out McLean in front of linesman 

From what I saw that’s utter bollocks .. he gave McLean a dunt in the back and he fell over .. and Dillons feet got tangled up in McLean’s .. in pulling his foot out he kinda flicked it in mid air .. no contact with McLean.  I guess the lino thought he’d kicked him cos it was him and not the ref who made the call. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Any idea why Dillon got sent off? Two points dropped there, really needed to take advantage of the extra man. We need Payne back ASAP, McLean was a waste of a shirt today.

Not sure what went on in the lead up to it but when i looked across Dillon had a kick at Rusty who was on the deck at the time, luckily it was right in front of the far side linesman who made the ref aware, just as well as the main stand linesman and the ref had blind spots for various things, one a blatant handball no more than 10 yards in front of him. Luckily they did not get their usual pen as most of their dives were outside the box today. A bit disappointing not to get the 3pts but another clean sheet at least 

A draw was just about the right result.  Both keepers made a couple of decent saves and that was about it.  We weren’t at the races for large parts of the game but give credit to Peterhead who won the midfield battle.  Never thought we were going to lose but it did require a bit of luck with the header off the bar and a good save from Annie to keep the clean sheet. 

A pity we never took three points from this for obvious reasons.

Balmoor is never an easy gig for the Mo.

I.M. Jolly Jim was bigging us up in today's P&J, saying we were the best part-time team "outwith Arbroath".

With the latter giving Dunfermline a doing today, no doubt we'll be hearing more about the bounty on SP's head from distraught Pars fans.

37 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Not sure what went on in the lead up to it but when i looked across Dillon had a kick at Rusty who was on the deck at the time, luckily it was right in front of the far side linesman who made the ref aware, just as well as the main stand linesman and the ref had blind spots for various things, one a blatant handball no more than 10 yards in front of him. Luckily they did not get their usual pen as most of their dives were outside the box today. A bit disappointing not to get the 3pts but another clean sheet at least 

You don't seem bitter here at all?Can you explain to me these "Usual pen" we seemingly get.As for the game Montrose better team 11 v 11,never really seen the sending off but looked nothing in it.Peterhead huffed and puffed but couldn't break down Montrose who were solid at the back.

Aidan Quinn MOTM for me absolute rock solid at the back had rusty in his back pocket all game.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Maybe he just cannae tholl Rusty? 😂

37 minutes ago, mo83 said:

You don't seem bitter here at all?Can you explain to me these "Usual pen" we seemingly get.As for the game Montrose better team 11 v 11,never really seen the sending off but looked nothing in it.Peterhead huffed and puffed but couldn't break down Montrose who were solid at the back.

Aidan Quinn MOTM for me absolute rock solid at the back had rusty in his back pocket all game.

He's still bitter about bottling the league in 2018 😉

7 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Is Sean Dillon still strolling through games in second gear for you lot?

Sean looks laid back, but he’s generally a smart player and rarely makes mistakes. He’s cool headed, and a is an excellent defender.

I didn’t see the incident today, haven’t seen the highlights

58 minutes ago, Brummo said:

A pity we never took three points from this for obvious reasons.

Balmoor is never an easy gig for the Mo.

I.M. Jolly Jim was bigging us up in today's P&J, saying we were the best part-time team "outwith Arbroath".

With the latter giving Dunfermline a doing today, no doubt we'll be hearing more about the bounty on SP's head from distraught Pars fans.

Fekkin suicide taking on that job, tho depends if the Dunfermline board are radges or not.

Pretty poor game all round. Peterheid keeper had a couple of great saves, Big Annie had a couple of good stops. That's about it.

Seen the sending off incident quite clearly. After a tangle where McLean went down, as he did all game long, the two players were tangled. Dillon lashed out at thin  air. The linesman seen it enough to send him off.

Seen enough in McLean today to remember how shit he was for us.

On 29/10/2021 at 23:03, mo83 said:

Theirs 100% 2 going one from supporters club and the other is a group of lads on a day out, heard the supporters club we're hopeful of a 2nd bus....Why you so surprised???

So did all those fans rock up today  ?

Wasn't a bad point and its pretty tight up the top there.

12 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

How long does it take to put together a 6 or 7 minute highlight package?

If you mean public highlights e.g. Youtube, we seem to have stopped doing these.

Highlights recently have only been available to subscribers on the streaming service.

Some visiting teams come with their own cameras and provide highlights that way.

5 hours ago, blueone said:

If you mean public highlights e.g. Youtube, we seem to have stopped doing these.

Highlights recently have only been available to subscribers on the streaming service.

Some visiting teams come with their own cameras and provide highlights that way.

yeh I was meaning that.  One way to make a wee bit extra money I suppose.  I've seen a lot of clubs now filming their away matches, something the Mo don't do