Normal Island

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be pedantic, as is my wont, Denmark isn't a peninsula, Jylland is.

I'd considered editing to add an asterisk and footnote to that effect but thought someone else would have that bit of the job covered

Cornwall include a few Islands as well but they're shit 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/02/poorer-children-warned-off-playing-in-shared-spaces-in-london-development?CMP=share_btn_tw

Story that sums up some fantastically awful modern British traits.

Decelopers build flats having undertaken to provide play areas, don’t provide them.

Children in social housing aren’t allowed to play in private communal gardens.

Children play in corridors.

Neighbours record children playing and families are then threatened with eviction.

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

This'll be another shit sandwich that's withdrawn after opposition, with the full intent of revisiting after the public has got used to the taste of stronger faeces.

The Tory leadership contest has been like seeing a reel of Marvel trailers for films ten years down the pike, right down to the overt fascism.

When families asked where their children could play City of London wrote back that they were not aware of “any obligation for the developer to provide play space”.

Putting families into developments with no spaces for children to play in the area, and issuing threatening letters when Karen down the hall complains about the kids playing in the corridors. Sounds perfectly cromulent to me.

The story reminds of this one, closer to home, where developers sought to ban people from hanging their washing out to dry in their garden "for aesthetic purposes"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/developers-accused-of-crossing-the-line-with-washing-ban-in-edinburgh-gardens-3210269

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The story reminds of this one, closer to home, where developers sought to ban people from hanging their washing out to dry in their garden "for aesthetic purposes"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/developers-accused-of-crossing-the-line-with-washing-ban-in-edinburgh-gardens-3210269

They need to bring back Gardyloo rights in Reekie to restore the natural order

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A peninsula is almost but not entirely surrounded by water, Fife and Kintyre are peninsulas, so are Denmark and those twats in Cornwall, Northern Ireland isn't

Apparently a better term would be "semi-Enclave" or possibly  "Pene-enclave"

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be pedantic, as is my wont, Denmark isn't a peninsula, Jylland is.

To be even more pedantic, Kintyre is seperated from the rest of Scotland by the Crinan Canal.

49 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

To be even more pedantic, Kintyre is seperated from the rest of Scotland by the Crinan Canal.

The word you are looking for is "separated". 

Not that I am being pedantic or anything like that.

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

The Crinan Canal has 15 locks and is crossed by seven bridges, six swing bridges and a retractable bridge so whereas this may be pedantry in extremis, it isn't separated 

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1135340.jpg.68756468bfa5ae17595b0eac07cf1920.jpg

McGlashan de-radicalisation programme:

1966 World Cup Final followed by David Starkey documentaries, followed by a Jim Davidson stand up routine followed by Last Night of the Proms

Should turn you into a True Blue Brit

So a night of flicking between Channel 5 and BBC 4 then.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

40B53DAC-36B3-45AB-BF7F-ADAC9EECEAC4.jpeg

You can tell from this picture how heart-broken the wee boy's mum is and how she isn't buzzing from the attention in the slightest...

Archie's sister-in-law Ella Carter described his death as "barbaric", and said there "is nothing dignified about watching a family member suffocate.

I know it must be hard to accept that someone's life is over but as far as I am concerned the "Barbaric" thing about this is how the wee boy had no dignity in death. The whole affair was turned into a circus and the actions of the mp are outrageous.  Funnily enough I said to the other half that this is getting to the Hannah Moore stage.