Normal Island

On 20/02/2022 at 14:13, eez-eh said:

I’m sure there will be still be some weirdos trying to defend this as “standard charitable practice” or something.

Absolutely is. The idea that 3rd sector workers should accept shite wages for work comparable to the private or public sector is a nonsense. Folk moaning that, I dunno, the Oxfam CEO, despite running a multi-million pound company, should be on a living wage and no more is shite. It's important that the people charged with keeping charities running, and doing a good job at it, are fairly compensated for their time. A charity of this size should be giving those in charge that kind of wage for their talent and expertise. 

It just so happens this cow has neither. 

24 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Absolutely is. The idea that 3rd sector workers should accept shite wages for work comparable to the private or public sector is a nonsense. Folk moaning that, I dunno, the Oxfam CEO, despite running a multi-million pound company, should be on a living wage and no more is shite. It's important that the people charged with keeping charities running, and doing a good job at it, are fairly compensated for their time. A charity of this size should be giving those in charge that kind of wage for their talent and expertise. 

I haven’t said or thought any of that tbh. 

Oxfam’s annual income is £367m, which is about 367 times that of the Captain Tom foundation.

CEOs of big charities getting paid big bucks will be standard practice. That shouldn’t be used to defend Captain Tom’s daughter using her own fathers goodwill to set aside nearly 15% of the charity’s income for herself.

14 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just because a bunch of charlatan CEOs in the private sector are awarded six-figure salaries on the nonsense basis of 'the market justifies it' does not make it explicable for a charity to do likewise. 

Even the most talented executive does not actually merit earning several multiples more than the everyday employee. If they want a living executive salary then it should be pegged to a living wage. 

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Edited by vikingTON

• 2 weeks later...

"Teesside dad-of-three cooks 'most patriotic steak ever' in shape of UK" 

1_Untitled-design-1.png

"Nigel, 54, said: "I've definitely bagged one of Britain's most patriotic steaks, I don't think anyone could beat that. I noticed the uncanny resemblance after cooking it for a few minutes on one side and then flipped it over.""

Read this breaking news story here

Edited by Steve_Wilkos