Normal Island

7 hours ago, Lester Freamon said:

At least he got something for some of his money. The £330,000 spent on crack and hookers was a far better investment than the 1 million he gave the old club.

I remember reading an interview with where he said that he was so paranoid on coke that he would spend hours looking out his living room windows because he was worried that the bushes in his garden were getting closer to the house.

My favourite celeb cocaine story is Daniella Westbrook saying she put her first line out one day as This Morning was just starting and she was still watching the TV by herself and sniffing gear when it came back on the next day.

29 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I remember reading an interview with where he said that he was so paranoid on coke that he would spend hours looking out his living room windows because he was worried that the bushes in his garden were getting closer to the house.

My favourite celeb cocaine story is Daniella Westbrook saying she put her first line out one day as This Morning was just starting and she was still watching the TV by herself and sniffing gear when it came back on the next day.

Gotta admire the dedication tbh 

I know a guy who took shrooms and was found lying in his garden shooting the trees out his back with an air rifle as he was sure they were planning to attack.

I also know another guy, and this one tickles me like f**k, who was trying to make toast on jam, but was convinved his arm was long as f**k, and was found by his sister buttering his forearm

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I know a guy who took shrooms and was found lying in his garden shooting the trees out his back with an air rifle as he was sure they were planning to attack.

I also know another guy, and this one tickles me like f**k, who was trying to make toast on jam, but was convinved his arm was long as f**k, and was found by his sister buttering his forearm

2 stoners from my school were found by the local plod crawling across the grassy Bellsmyre roundabout in sleeping bags.

They said to plod "you can't arrest us, we're caterpillars!" 😄 

49 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

How old were Galloway's wife's parents during the Blitz?

His Mum was 4 in 1939. From a quick google it looks like 8 bombs were dropped on Dundee on the 5th of November 1940 with 3 casualties, and that was it. I'd imagine she wasn't on her roof shaking her wee fist at the bombers.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How does that work, then?

8 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Equating high winds with the war, f@ck off Galloway.

IMG-20220219-WA0003.jpg

That does look like the Nith at Dumfries in the background so George was presumably off to the Queen's game

P.s. there's never a flash tsunami about when you need one...

26 minutes ago, pub car king said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/captain-tom-foundation-charity-daughter-b2018320.html

Wow I am so shocked by this revelation, how will I recover from this crushing blow. 

I’m sure there will be still be some weirdos trying to defend this as “standard charitable practice” or something.

52 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m sure there will be still be some weirdos trying to defend this as “standard charitable practice” or something.

I get the impression that it is standard charitable practice for the folk at the top to be lining their own pockets!