Normal Island

On 31/12/2021 at 18:54, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I assume we'll all be having one of these at the bells in a toast to to The Most Influential Man on the Planet 2021?

Do i have to use the smooth, strong and warm yorkshire wild ram hand-crafted london gin? 

Collaborations MUST be mentioned in an advertisement. 

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

"You're more likely to be racist when standing up" is something I'd like to see the research behind...

Ibrox has been seated for decades and there is overwhelming evidence is that there is no sectarianism and Police Scotland find it easy to arrest fans there..... :lol:

On 31/12/2021 at 18:54, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I assume we'll all be having one of these at the bells in a toast to to The Most Influential Man on the Planet 2021?

Rather than shake the cocktail you give it to an elderly relative and make the do a few laps of the the house.

A bump for Normal Island as the streetlight bulbs are replaced in London.
271858350_5168475913197370_7466625480216180984_n.thumb.jpg.950892efa325ba3ed2e85a9df3167bbf.jpg
The village I grew up in had they old concrete streetlamps with the sodium bulbs in them.

They were fucking shite.

Why is it folk just pick an old thing and claim they miss it, when the thing in questioning was significantly shitter than the modern day version?

Do these folk miss that ficking brick of a Motorola I had as my first phone?

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've got to write a fucking poem for uni next month and I am absolutely gonna nick that

Too late I'm afraid. 'A friend' has just submitted it to his institution via. TurnItIn, with a little bit of tweaking, natch.😉

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

BTW just to show that stupidity about weird attachment to old stuff isn't just a British thing...

Mt Albert tree protest: Occupation hits one month mark as fellers face judicial review | Stuff.co.nz

explanation if ye care:

Mt. Albert (and various other places in Auckland) are technically owned by the local Maori Iwi. Mt. Albert is quite an important, sacred, site to the local Iwi and, against their wishes, a bunch of English trees were planted there by settlers to make it feel more like home. They've always been against this and, finally, they've got the right to get rid of them. They will all be replaced with native trees. A lot of weird fucking boomers are raging at this. Bunch of arseholes who get in their 4x4 to drive 500 yards to pick up a bottle of milk suddenly claiming they care about the environment. Even after it's been explained this is better for the environment and native fauna and these invasive species are actually damaging both they're still against it. Just because they like these trees