Normal Island

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hopefully the rest of the team lost on purpose so she couldn't get her filthy mits on any of their hard won cash. 

They encouraged her to take the -17.  They bombed between them in the final chase and got f**k all.  Think they had a £30k pot they were going for.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I like to think I'm a fairly normal person, however I get absolutely fuming when I see people take a massive minus offer on the Chase.  If you're pish at quizzing why on earth go on the show?  Does my head in.

I must have missed this episode as I would likely have had an aneurysm at that.

Haven't watched the show a lot, but I've had the impression that some contestants didn't need the money and just fancied being on TV.

Probably figured that if they f**k their team mates over, they'll be the talk of the water cooler the next day  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Of all the things that people could be angry about just now.

image.thumb.png.36803850d7652358973dda3710de980e.png

I've never seen The Chase, because I can't stand Duncan Norvelle.

What does minus £17k mean and why is it causing so much seeth?

Edited by Paul Kersey

1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

I've never seen The Chase, because I can't stand Duncan Norvelle.

What does minus £17k mean and why is it causing so much seeth?

LargeLimpBeardedcollie-size_restricted.g

Basically like Duncan above she chose to put a sizeable gap between herself and the chaser, in order to get a better chance of reaching the final. The penalty for which was to take a huge chunk out of the team's hard earned prize pot.

Edited by Lurkst

38 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

LargeLimpBeardedcollie-size_restricted.g

Basically like Duncan above she chose to put a sizeable gap between herself and the chaser, in order to get a better chance of reaching the final. The penalty for which was to take a huge chunk out of the team's hard earned prize pot.

Which by all accounts her team mates agreed to and they didn't win anyway, so I fail to see what the fuss is about.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Not to worry, pint bottles of wine are coming back! Maybe it really was worth it after all...

I've always thought 750ml is too much and 568ml would be perfect.

I can't imagine many wine companies will be queuing up to changing their bottling plants for us as I imagine the price for each bottle is going to be near identical.