Normal Island

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

In general, I don’t buy into this ‘Normal Island’ stuff, it’s all a bit James O’BRIEN, FBPE, boo for Boris, 2012 opening ceremony, Britpop nostalgia pish for me.

But then I saw this and maybe you’ve all got a point. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-59147747

All of those people are key characters in Normal Island what you on about did you think the EU Supergirl wasn't part of the descent into Normality?

28 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is the idea here that showing any massive crowd of people off their tits looks like fun because that does nothing to counter the fact that Kasabian are laughable shite

I think we're working off different definitions because imo these are all manifestations of Normal Island. Demented 2012 opening ceremony/FBPE libs and the Britpop nostalgist music writer to moron philosemite columnist in particular

image.png.d5c4bbc18bf9f9af24b7df1de5c59602.png

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is the idea here that showing any massive crowd of people off their tits looks like fun because that does nothing to counter the fact that Kasabian are laughable shite

I think we're working off different definitions because imo these are all manifestations of Normal Island. Demented 2012 opening ceremony/FBPE libs and the Britpop nostalgist music writer to moron philosemite columnist in particular

Talking of moron philosemites this whole thread of Ian Smart showing his "support" for Jewish people by imagining violence against them and using Corbyn to be incredibly offensive towards them is great. Best I've seen since the Julie Burchill book. Very surprisingly he is also foaming at the mouth at trans people, which is the current cleaving point of normal Island

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Talking of moron philosemites this whole thread of Ian Smart showing his "support" for Jewish people by imagining violence against them and using Corbyn to be incredibly offensive towards them is great. Best I've seen since the Julie Burchill book. Very surprisingly he is also foaming at the mouth at trans people, which is the current cleaving point of normal Island

Same guy who tweeted this 

8DF14686-8797-4CCA-897B-22F9AE7FF478.jpeg

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I enjoyed it

7 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

And that's the important thing 

I'm sorry for slagging Kasabian Miguel they were a good time then and I'm sure they're still making plenty of people happy in 2021.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Disability and students would be  2 possibilities which leap to mind.

To be fair, I did a quick google.

Yes, I suppose that makes sense, but would that not also apply to married parents?

Or am I missing something obvious?

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I'm sorry for slagging Kasabian Miguel they were a good time then and I'm sure they're still making plenty of people happy in 2021.

Oh I'd never dream of going to see them now or any of their subsequent biennial T in the Park performances but at my first festival I enjoyed that closing performance.