Normal Island

Interesting situation at Dumbarton as a lifelong fan passed away in the same week as the Queen. 

Minute's applause for both. 

We had something similar at Bayview recently when Maradona and a supporter died. 

I want to croak the same week as Pele. 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This "vigil" thing for her offspring is annoying me. The guards there for hours are doing a vigil. Standing there for fifteen minutes isn't a vigil.

Aye, but they watched on a webcam. They all went back to an empty at Kensington Palace.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This "vigil" thing for her offspring is annoying me. The guards there for hours are doing a vigil. Standing there for fifteen minutes isn't a vigil.

.. and yet 15 minutes is all it took for Ethan Hunt to go in there and steal the body without anybody noticing.

The next Mission Impossible film is going to be brilliant - including a brief cameo from David Beckham.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Interesting situation at Dumbarton as a lifelong fan passed away in the same week as the Queen. 

We had something similar at Bayview recently when Maradona and a supporter died. 

For a small fee...

Tbh I thought that was a really poor decision by the club. If you wanted to applaud for the fan you were then forced to applaud the queen. If you didn’t want to applaud the queen you appeared not to be applauding the fan. Minutes silence would have been far more appropriate

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Tbh I thought that was a really poor decision by the club. If you wanted to applaud for the fan you were then forced to applaud the queen. If you didn’t want to applaud the queen you appeared not to be applauding the fan. Minutes silence would have been far more appropriate

That's okay. 

I was clapping and booing at the same time!

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I would have thought that if you are an utterly sad git perhaps you wouldn't want to advertise the fact nationwide.

sadgit.png

This is described as an amusing meeting. Is this the much-lauded sparkling sense of humour at work, passively aggressively asking a serf where her fucking train has got to?

This is described as an amusing meeting. Is this the much-lauded sparkling sense of humour at work, passively aggressively asking a serf where her fucking train has got to?
'The highlight of my life"

Just toss that one around for a few seconds.

The..... Highlight....

Of his full, actual life.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

'The highlight of my life"

Just toss that one around for a few seconds.

The..... Highlight....

Of his full, actual life.

I joined the QE2 in July 1990. A few weeks after joining HRH walked through the area I worked in with the Captain on their way to a lunch celebrating the 150 anniversary of Cunard.  It is the closest that I have been to her and was part of an amazing period in my life when in a few months had seen my club win the Scottish Cup, the team I followed while living in London reach the FA cup final and going to Italy to see Scotland in the World Cup. The life on the ship was also like a 24 hour party. 
Would I describe it as being the highlight? I think my wife might have words to say about that and being present at the birth of my son’s certain tops anything else.

If meeting the Monarch has been the highlight of your life then I would seriously question if you actually have one. 

Edited by Dunfermline Don

I joined the QE2 in July 1990. A few weeks after joining HRH walked through the area I worked in with the Captain on their way to a lunch celebrating the 150 anniversary of Cunard.  It is the closest that I have been to her and was part of an amazing period in my life when in a few months had seen my club win the Scottish Cup, the team I followed while living in London reach the FA cup final and going to Italy to see Scotland in the World Cup. The life on the ship was also like a 24 hour party. 
Would I describe it as being the highlight? I think my wife might have words to say about that and being present at the birth of my son’s certain tops anything else.
If meeting the Monarch has been the highlight of your life then I would seriously question if you actually have one. 
It would struggle get in the top 5 highlights of that post tbh