Normal Island

Thing is I stood in a queue at Prestwick airport for a rave in '92 (new year) for 4 hours. 2 eccies and barking police dogs.

When I got in, I had 2 more, was sick and missed the bells, by 3am. I was the best dancer in the place. By 5am I will still gobbing (double dunters).

Question is? How did I get home?

Mandela maybe, sure it was NY...

Easter?

Edited by SlipperyP

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I don't think that's her in the coffin. Are the remains not normally refrigerated between death and the funeral?

She would be absolutely reeking after this length of time. 

She'll be embalmed. Anyway, how do you know it's not a big Frigidaire under the flag?

46 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I don't think that's her in the coffin. Are the remains not normally refrigerated between death and the funeral?

She's in storage at the local Kwik-E-Mart, they have experience in this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It's a double layer coffin - the inner casket is made of lead so that will likely contain the whiff.

Of course, I may be wrong in which case we may have an explanation as to why the guard keeled over.

Edited by hk blues

23 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Anybody died in the queue yet. That would be top minter stuff?

Can you imagine the Facebook posts? 

"He died doing what meant most to him, waiting in a massive line of simpering losers to pay his respects to a dead millionaire pensioner who would have had her security bundle him away if he'd got within 100 yards of her

Perhaps not worded exactly like that.

Do we think the inevitable TV miniseries on "The Queue" will be a BBC, ITV or Sky production? James Nesbitt to play King Charles, Stephen Graham in there somewhere as a troubled queuer with some sort of moral dilemma about remaining in the queue or heading off somewhere else to potentially save the day.

6 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Do we think the inevitable TV miniseries on "The Queue" will be a BBC, ITV or Sky production? James Nesbitt to play King Charles, Stephen Graham in there somewhere as a troubled queuer with some sort of moral dilemma about remaining in the queue or heading off somewhere else to potentially save the day.

Co-production with one of the American networks, for the weirdos over there who find their antecedents' former rulers' successors fascinating.

James Corden to play the jovial passer-by, who keeps the place of a random elderly woman who falls ill, and learns something about life from his moist-eyed experience.

30 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Line of Duty, shoorely ??

Adrian Dunbar as a very conflicted King Chuckles 1/3rd, torn between the rotting corpse of his mother, his harridan 'queen', his paedo brother, his two sons, one of whom is a cuckoo-in-the-nest.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Charles should have been required to demonstrate his loyalty and devotion to the Queen by emulating this man's heroic feat. Maybe just for twenty yards or so. The burden could then have been borne by tens of thousands of The Rangers fans volunteering to take their turn. The procedure would have been very slow, but in keeping with our time of austerity.

MV5BYWU5MDI5ZWUtMGZjNC00NzFjLWI5ZDAtZjIyMjZkZDQ0MzkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwMjk0MTQ@._V1_.thumb.jpg.40b45563455cf5581df8925e7168399f.jpg

[img]-13935cdcdb146a47.js.download