Normal Island

16 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've said this before, but Raoul Moat is part of the collective conscious of the country which passed me by. It happened the same weekend as T in the Park, and by the time I got home it was just a thing that had happened. Any references since to Gazza, fishing rods or chicken are meaningless to me as a result. Same goes for the 2010 World Cup final. That didn't happen because I didn't see it.

It's seared into my consciousness because I was in Spain for work and then stayed on to watch the World Cup final on the big screens in the centre of Madrid. Some laugh trying to explain to all the non-Brits there why I was howling and crying with laughter because Paul Gascoigne had brought a fishing rod and bucket of KFC to a pie-faced nightclub bouncer who'd gone on a rampage, killed a police officer and was now hiding out in the woods like some shit Geordie Rambo.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Said stalking also involved her photoshopping herself into someone elses' photos in place of his girlfriend and posting them on social media. Proper unhinged behaviour. 

Later, she got a boyfriend and used to post videos of them drinking champagne all the time. Bit weird, but thankfully not harmful. The guy she was in a relationship with (Craig) after the stalking incident has since passed away from cancer.  

She was on Tinder a few days after he died. It was fucking bizarre.

35 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

"Police were called and arrested a man in his 60s on ‘suspicion of a sexual offence involving a living animal’."

Does that mean it's not an offence if it involves a dead animal?

Animal curious.

17 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

I'd totally forgotten about big Moaty tbh.

Part 3 of the cast of Normal Island.

0_GazzaMAIN.jpg.8cfa4c7db13ebc64946c245ad28d6649.jpg

5adda84e1800004700e8826e.jpeg.6adddacf3e704a75275fbc2b90e1a7f6.jpeg

simon-cowell-face-is-freaking-out-the-internet-drawing-comparisons.jpg.6e6a9c9b6dd05b0106dc8467ca77684b.jpg

73539743_2482538771859613_1768785493769584640_nJPG.thumb.jpg.3aaff442f1c3f92201422eff5f563df7.jpg

willie1.jpg.9941f0f0c86db972b1698d3a53cfed83.jpg

IMG_20210326_153519.thumb.jpg.c29ccd4048399681f17d812426c894d3.jpg

IMG_20200607_235934.jpg.9cc435c91e52d8b2228b3a23077268f0.jpg

Green for Stuart Campbell. Such a strange human being. Once sent the polis to my house over the fact he's a "Hillsborough denier" and the football fans should have just "pushed back" to stop nearly 100 of them being crushed to death.

He used his experience of 'going to small music gigs" as "evidence it was impossible be to be crushed in crowds. It's no surprise Kezia Dugdale knocked him into a cocked hat in court. 

In general, I don’t buy into this ‘Normal Island’ stuff, it’s all a bit James O’BRIEN, FBPE, boo for Boris, 2012 opening ceremony, Britpop nostalgia pish for me.

But then I saw this and maybe you’ve all got a point. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-59147747

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

In general, I don’t buy into this ‘Normal Island’ stuff, it’s all a bit James O’BRIEN, FBPE, boo for Boris, 2012 opening ceremony, Britpop nostalgia pish for me.

That’s fucking scary. Like the offspring of the PM and a Labradoodle

image.jpeg.3d414e327525057fe4ad6a4392ed820e.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Police were called and arrested a man in his 60s on ‘suspicion of a sexual offence involving a living animal’."

Does that mean it's not an offence if it involves a dead animal?

Animal curious.

Hopefully one of P&Bs resident bestiality law experts will be able to clear things up.

It's essentially a victimless crime. Also, if the animal is dead it'll make less noise and reduce the chances of attracting unwanted attention.
Hmmmmm...... The 'Taxidermy Is Easy' thread would indicate otherwise..........
If Davinia got together with MoetMoments Jill................

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"I had well over half a black sack of hair which I very carefully swept up without my clients knowing," she said.

Alright then.

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm Alan Partridge" To Kill a Mocking Alan (TV Episode 1997) - IMDb

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Not having this tbf

Is the idea here that showing any massive crowd of people off their tits looks like fun because that does nothing to counter the fact that Kasabian are laughable shite

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think we're working off different definitions because imo these are all manifestations of Normal Island. Demented 2012 opening ceremony/FBPE libs and the Britpop nostalgist music writer to moron philosemite columnist in particular

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan