Normal Island

I've said this before, but Raoul Moat is part of the collective conscious of the country which passed me by. It happened the same weekend as T in the Park, and by the time I got home it was just a thing that had happened. Any references since to Gazza, fishing rods or chicken are meaningless to me as a result. Same goes for the 2010 World Cup final. That didn't happen because I didn't see it.

43 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've said this before, but Raoul Moat is part of the collective conscious of the country which passed me by. It happened the same weekend as T in the Park, and by the time I got home it was just a thing that had happened. Any references since to Gazza, fishing rods or chicken are meaningless to me as a result. Same goes for the 2010 World Cup final. That didn't happen because I didn't see it.

Was that the one when the Netherlands disgraced themselves? 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Even those of us who watched that game aren’t sure if it actually happened.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It definitely started before because the absolute shite patter we were dishing out all weekend was informed by the developing story. Missed the conclusion right enough seeing shite like Kasabian.

2 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

I'd totally forgotten about big Moaty tbh.

Part 3 of the cast of Normal Island.

0_GazzaMAIN.jpg.8cfa4c7db13ebc64946c245ad28d6649.jpg

5adda84e1800004700e8826e.jpeg.6adddacf3e704a75275fbc2b90e1a7f6.jpeg

simon-cowell-face-is-freaking-out-the-internet-drawing-comparisons.jpg.6e6a9c9b6dd05b0106dc8467ca77684b.jpg

73539743_2482538771859613_1768785493769584640_nJPG.thumb.jpg.3aaff442f1c3f92201422eff5f563df7.jpg

willie1.jpg.9941f0f0c86db972b1698d3a53cfed83.jpg

IMG_20210326_153519.thumb.jpg.c29ccd4048399681f17d812426c894d3.jpg

IMG_20200607_235934.jpg.9cc435c91e52d8b2228b3a23077268f0.jpg

Call me Inspector Barnaby but did the polis ever think to interview Clarence.....

Anyway I can remember the fuss when a sodding Soap opera character got jailed (Corry's Deirdre). I think the press even asked the Prime Minister to comment. Well, it was that publicity hoor Blair but I don't remember, for example, the US President being asked about who shot JR.

(The President at the time was Jimmy Carter, right at the end of his term. President elect Ronnie would have probably bombed Dallas if he'd been asked)

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Where do you start, in no particular order;

1. Diana been covered well so far.

2. Press vilification of Corbyn.

3. Raoul Moat & bus fulls of scum.

4. Out poppying each other.

5. NHS charities , wtf.

6.  Tories, Eton,  etc

7. Vilification of immigrants

8. The lack of paedo hunters and general outrage not surrounding that waste of air, Prince Andrew.

9. Selfish arseholes buying dogs during lockdown, only to dump them when it all eases off.

10. Lack of accountability surrounding the Tories.

11. Royal Family 

12. Voting for Boris

13. The state of general publics driving abilities or lack of them

14. Banks kidding on their your pals (see ads since 2008). When they ripped off the public for billions.

15. People getting a hard on for Trident

I could be here for days with this. I despise this fxxked up society, time for a Purge.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It definitely started before because the absolute shite patter we were dishing out all weekend was informed by the developing story. Missed the conclusion right enough seeing shite like Kasabian.

Aye it was going on all week in a 'Where's Raoul?' style then it all kicked  off on the Friday night with the stand off and Gazza. 

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lovely.

Said stalking also involved her photoshopping herself into someone elses' photos in place of his girlfriend and posting them on social media. Proper unhinged behaviour. 

Later, she got a boyfriend and used to post videos of them drinking champagne all the time. Bit weird, but thankfully not harmful. The guy she was in a relationship with (Craig) after the stalking incident has since passed away from cancer.