Normal Island

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Anyone losing their minds over flags on food should immediately be taken away by the men in white coats. 

Absolute dangers who will probably cause serious harm if an actual problem arises in their life. 

I think you have missed the point as to why Clown Job posted that picture of the chicken crown.

Would you eat French or German salt........Slovenian salt?

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I think you have missed the point as to why Clown Job posted that picture of the chicken crown.

Would you eat French or German salt........Slovenian salt?

I refer you back to the #FBPE melt from which this discussion started. A man quite literally seething about food packaging. 

I would as I'm not an unhinged lunatic. I've been to all those countries, so possibly have (no idea where they sourced it from, naturally). 

There's a discussion in the thread about why the product is labelled as it is RE non-EU. It is disappointingly informative and non-shouty in places 

26 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I refer you back to the #FBPE melt from which this discussion started. A man quite literally seething about food packaging. 

I would as I'm not an unhinged lunatic. I've been to all those countries, so possibly have (no idea where they sourced it from, naturally). 

There's a discussion in the thread about why the product is labelled as it is RE non-EU. It is disappointingly informative and non-shouty in places 

I read the thread to see what this informative explanation was. 

It was bollocks. Someone said that food packaging rules say that you have to state where ingredients are from. There are rules for fresh meat origins and geographical indicators where there's a possibility of misleading (including protected designations). There is no rule to cover salt and pepper origins. 

Morrissons clearly did that as a xenophobic badge of honour.

That said, the frothing mess of the comments on that thread is quite something. Lots of "i'll take my business elsewhere" twattery.  

In summary, twitter is full of fannies. 

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I read the thread to see what this informative explanation was. 

It was bollocks. Someone said that food packaging rules say that you have to state where ingredients are from. There are rules for fresh meat origins and geographical indicators where there's a possibility of misleading (including protected designations). There is no rule to cover salt and pepper origins. 

Morrissons clearly did that as a xenophobic badge of honour.

That said, the frothing mess of the comments on that thread is quite something. Lots of "i'll take my business elsewhere" twattery.  

In summary, twitter is full of fannies. 

There's every chance they were just confused by the requirements or attempting to ensure their product was suitable for both the GB and NI markets without having to produce separate packaging. The new rules are a pain in the arse for businesses serving both markets and unclear communication from the government has not helped either. 

It looks like they have determined the salt and pepper a primary ingredient (rightly or wrongly) and gone with it. Probably trying to cover themselves.

I agree it is a bit of a strange thing as its written, but not really noteworthy of outrage. Ultimately, people are getting riled over absolutely nothing. Another 'problem' invented on social media. What a place. 

Edited by Michael W

Morrisons have now apologised and immediately "corrected the error" thus proving once and for all the bawbags in this discussion are the people getting annoyed at the people getting annoyed at all of their foodstuffs being emblazoned with a flag most commonly associated with genocide, concentration camps, Geri Halliwell and rangers. Once and for all.

Morrisons changing the packaging having been tweeted by some angry people on Twitter has now resulted in a different set of people now becoming angry and threatening boycotts. Great stuff. 

Literally seething over the change to packaging on a chicken crown, having previously lapped it up. Another set of people irreparably broken by the EU referendum, and this lot won it! 

Can't just have been a genuine error, could it? Must be an ulterior motive as if companies purposely set out to piss people off their customers/potential customers. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Morrisons changing the packaging having been tweeted by some angry people on Twitter has now resulted in a different set of people now becoming angry and threatening boycotts. Great stuff. 

Literally seething over the change to packaging on a chicken crown, having previously lapped it up. Another set of people irreparably broken by the EU referendum, and this lot won it! 

Can't just have been a genuine error, could it? Must be an ulterior motive as if companies purposely set out to piss people off their customers/potential customers. 

You seem to getting quite worked up about it as well. 

13 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You seem to getting quite worked up about it as well. 

Bewildered by people actually caring about it and continuing to see just about everything through the prism of Brexit. It's Normal Island at its depressing best. 

If that's "worked up" so be it. I find it tiring. 

What a fuss over absolutely nothing. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59134190

Edited by Michael W

20 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The "cancel culture" knicker wetters finally getting their wish and making it illegal to be mean on the internet. Be warned I will continue to pursue my enemies with vigour in spite of this.

The great piece of normal island flair on this is that it is in response to an mp being murdered (in the real world not the quote tweets) by someone with no discernible online footprint 

Do red dots count?