Normal Island

45 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The people I really feel sorry for are the small business owners who will have to change their “By appointment to HM the Queen” branding.

Yet another unexpected expense at such a difficult time

The changes at the royal mint will cost a … eh …. mint.

7 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Met Office scales back forecasts 'as a mark of respect to Queen'

I'm sure there will be more like that, but jeezo, the country is completely losing the plot.

Dreadful that the weather hasn't paused changing as a mark of respect, imo.

17 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Met Office scales back forecasts 'as a mark of respect to Queen'

I'm sure there will be more like that, but jeezo, the country is completely losing the plot.

Odd as this might sound, i don't think this is as extreme as the Diana hysteria. Maybe because Diana was so sudden, unexpected and well planned. 

House of parliament sitting for ten fucking hours today to take tributes. And ten hours again tomorrow.
f**k's sake.
It's truly fascinating, how long the list must be of things that must change or stop to show "respect", before you reach "give the plebs a day off" [emoji23]

Regular weather forecasts.... Nope.

Work on as normal..... "it's (probably quite literally) what she would have wanted"

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Odd as this might sound, i don't think this is as extreme as the Diana hysteria. Maybe because Diana was so sudden, unexpected and well planned. 

Not odd at all. I was living in England at the time and the Diana hysteria was actually frightening. Felt like if I mentioned that she was just a mere and rather talentless mortal I would have been lynched.  

7 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Not odd at all. I was living in England at the time and the Diana hysteria was actually frightening. Felt like if I mentioned that she was just a mere and rather talentless mortal I would have been lynched.  

A guy at my work had just finished telling us how distraught he was because he was a big fan and "had all her videos" when my mate walked in and said "Diana? fucking gold-digging whore..........what?" I was laughing too much to feel awkward. Mannie went beetroot. 

Edited by coprolite