Normal Island

You can guarantee there will be enough for the media to find a couple to film so they can pretend it’s a representation of the whole nation. 

If this was in a novel it would either be a dystopian sci-fi nightmare or a comic portrayal of a tinpot dictatorship. FFS. 

16 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

You can guarantee there will be enough for the media to find a couple to film so they can pretend it’s a representation of the whole nation. 

If this was in a novel it would either be a dystopian sci-fi nightmare or a comic portrayal of a tinpot dictatorship. FFS. 

They already have. Happy as Larry....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/10594646/the-scheme-coronation-bash-raise-local-spirits-save-lives/

8 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've got the Monday off, which is a good thing.

I couldn't care less about the coronation. I'll just spend next Sunday drinking Tennents lager before I pish in my sock drawer then crash out.

Nice to see you emulate the late Princess Margaret's lifestyle 

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

Anyone have any neighbours who'll be likely to march out onto the street and howl their compliance to the state into the abyss?

Hopefully they record it and send the video to Buck House. The new King will definitely care and want to know who he can rely on in an emergency.

There was an invitation to a street party shoved through the door.

I wish I'd replied "Sorry, can't make it. My diary says I'm having a w@nk that day"

7 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

There's a woman a few doors along who was always leading the 'pots & pans for the NHS' orchestra during lockdown, while glaring up & down the street to see who wasn't joining in. She seems the type to get the Union flags out.

It did occur that there might be some overlap with the "bang pots and pans (but no wage rises) for the NHS" crew here.

The only way I'd watch this shit live is if it became one of they rolling news live terrorist attacks. 

And here we have Sophie Wessex Duchess of Edinburgh looking resplendent in lime green from the  primark royal summer dress creation......Allaha Akbar mother fuckers.....

0_Nicholas-WitchellPNG.png

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The warning before the Frankie Boyle programme on C4 tonight - "This programme may contain views on the monarchy which some find offensive".

They should be broadcasting that message before any pro-monarchy programme as well then

Yip, every single item of upcoming Coronation coverage should carry the same warning.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'd be happy to join in a chant about Charles. Just not the one they're suggesting.

Weirdly the lyrics of the theme to ‘Charles In Charge’ are creepy AF and could’ve been appropriated for purpose 

On 30/04/2023 at 11:47, BTFD said:

Anyone have any neighbours who'll be likely to march out onto the street and howl their compliance to the state into the abyss?

The gammon who lives directly across the street is never one to miss an opportunity to make everything all about him. Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc. always means an OTT and gaudy front garden display. During lockdown, he was out his front door like a cheetah on roller-skates at 8pm every Thursday to be the first one standing there applauding fresh air. An absolute nap to be howling compliance, and, more importantly, to be seen howling compliance, through a megaphone in his garden this coming Saturday ala Jimmy Hart.

He's started low-key on this nonsense, I'll give him that. Yesterday the red, white and blue wreath went up on his front door, with a couple of mini-Union Jack flags tastelessly adorning it but this is all there is so far. There will be more, much more. I was thinking of opening the windows and putting Conflict (as opposed to the heating) on at full-blast should he appear in his garden to do his Trashcan Man impersonation but it doesn't seem devious enough, bit too simplistic. I welcome any fiendish ideas from the good people of P+B.

4 hours ago, ParsJake said:

The gammon who lives directly across the street is never one to miss an opportunity to make everything all about him. Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc. always means an OTT and gaudy front garden display. During lockdown, he was out his front door like a cheetah on roller-skates at 8pm every Thursday to be the first one standing there applauding fresh air. An absolute nap to be howling compliance, and, more importantly, to be seen howling compliance, through a megaphone in his garden this coming Saturday ala Jimmy Hart.

He's started low-key on this nonsense, I'll give him that. Yesterday the red, white and blue wreath went up on his front door, with a couple of mini-Union Jack flags tastelessly adorning it but this is all there is so far. There will be more, much more. I was thinking of opening the windows and putting Conflict (as opposed to the heating) on at full-blast should he appear in his garden to do his Trashcan Man impersonation but it doesn't seem devious enough, bit too simplistic. I welcome any fiendish ideas from the good people of P+B.

Your grass is looking a bit long, could probably be doing with a cut by the weekend. 

13 hours ago, ParsJake said:

Set fire to any and all paraphernalia as soon as it is put up?

13 hours ago, ParsJake said:

Project this image onto their house with a big projector or place a massive Father Ted style blow up picture in their front garden.

prince-charles-jimmy-savile-3-5482721db6b84c9a9e2f77b7b80308d2.jpg.e260e39f1fda1fc323967fd122a41f03.jpg