Normal Island

56 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

The "Louden Tavern", I believe.

I'm no sure it is, because their interiors are hellish, migraine-inducing blue, white, and red hellscapes, and it's no the Bristol/QEA either.

I reckon is some English tip in a shithole like Burnley or something.

22 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm no sure it is, because their interiors are hellish, migraine-inducing blue, white, and red hellscapes, and it's no the Bristol/QEA either.

I reckon is some English tip in a shithole like Burnley or something.

Aye was just being flippant, it was the first place I thought of when I saw Union Jack Boy. Or is it Union Jock...

Burnley is a good shout, I'll go for Oldham.

Middlesborough. 

Mrs Khaki is one of those lasses who is usually totally oblivious to her surroundings, but even she looked traumatised after we drove through there a few years back. No wonder most Yorkshire folk are adamant it isn't in Yorkshire.

22 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

a shithole like Burnley

Having had various conversations with somebody from Burnley, I quickly came to the conclusion that they genuinely blame the influx of Asians* for the downfall of their area.

*and they should all go back 'home**' now that they're no longer needed for a dead industry, apparently.

**which considering that will probably be Burnley given that most adults they refer to were born and bred there, probably won't change very much.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Middlesborough. 

Mrs Khaki is one of those lasses who is usually totally oblivious to her surroundings, but even she looked traumatised after we drove through there a few years back. No wonder most Yorkshire folk are adamant it isn't in Yorkshire.

My nephew moved to the UK after living his entire life in Hong Kong.

His comment after his first day at school was “people are ugly”.

On further reflection, the Brexit Arms might well be in Kent, of all places. It's Farage country, and despite being the most ethnically white of all English counties, it's also one of the most highly xenophobic/racist/anti-immigration. 

I'd like to revise my prediction to Gillingham. It's a notorious cesspit of a place.

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

My nephew moved to the UK after living his entire life in Hong Kong.

His comment after his first day at school was “people are ugly”.

I concur. 

I'm fortunate enough to have travelled a fair bit, and while I'd say that that absolute most weird looking and deformed people I've seen outside of Ibrox are undoubtedly poor Americans, I would concur that on a general level, your common or garden Scot/Brit is an order of magnitude worse looking than similar peer groups elsewhere. 

There's a whole fucking load of us who would really benefit from getting a bit of vitamin D, a scale and polish, and spending a bit more on clothes from somewhere other than Sports Direct or JD Sports.

35 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

On further reflection, the Brexit Arms might well be in Kent, of all places. It's Farage country, and despite being the most ethnically white of all English counties, it's also one of the most highly xenophobic/racist/anti-immigration

I'd like to revise my prediction to Gillingham. It's a notorious cesspit of a place.

I concur. 

I'm fortunate enough to have travelled a fair bit, and while I'd say that that absolute most weird looking and deformed people I've seen outside of Ibrox are undoubtedly poor Americans, I would concur that on a general level, your common or garden Scot/Brit is an order of magnitude worse looking than similar peer groups elsewhere. 

There's a whole fucking load of us who would really benefit from getting a bit of vitamin D, a scale and polish, and spending a bit more on clothes from somewhere other than Sports Direct or JD Sports.

Despite?  Surely that's the biggest reason why.