Normal Island

9 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

There have been times when I read them that I have assumed English isn't the first language, reads like someone who has learned English having grown up abroad.

Or not getting and education? I read it as a young boy never had a set life and went to who knows how many schools, I think I posted 12, but it could easily be 11 or 15 that's just primary, my primary school life is a world wind of move , move and wake up and move.

I went to 1 school for 1 day, some Kafflic in the Glasgow outskirts. The teacher gave me the belt (on my first day) for not knowing what book my last school was teaching me...The last school was in Coatbridge and I'd just come from Australia, my Mum was dieing and was not really there....Told my Dad, he went to the school the next day, with me on tow. First time, I've seen a grown man shite himself.

Went to the Proddy school the next day. Was only there for a few months.

30 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Not sure if it’s the early hour, but I don’t understand this bit?

It is understood Sarah Gloag, who is Dame Ann's stepdaughter and daughter-in-law, attended voluntarily at Livingston police station in West Lothian with her husband Paul McNeil.

If you mean the relationship bit -

Sarah Gloag was married to Ann Gloag's son and was also the daughter of her 2nd husband.  So, Gloag's son married his step-sister. 

10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If you mean the relationship bit -

Sarah Gloag was married to Ann Gloag's son and was also the daughter of her 2nd husband.  So, Gloag's son married his step-sister. 

Is this the same as Jake 'the Snake' family circle?

I'm no WWF fanboy, but used to watch in my early years, that mans story is fucking out there....

The son of his sister...

Edited by SlipperyP

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Is this the same as Jake 'the Snake' family circle?

I'm no WWF fanboy, but used to watch in my early years, that mans story is fucking out there....

The son of his sister...

I reckon Jake the Snake's situation is way worse,  his sister being his mum - at least Gloag's son and daughter-in-law were not blood relatives.  

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I reckon Jake the Snake's situation is way worse,  his sister being his mum - at least Gloag's son and daughter-in-law were not blood relatives.  

I  can sleep at last, been a long day

Just now, hk blues said:

and It's only mid-afternoon! 

Don't tell nae c**t, but the music has just started, the last post was to push of the nae sayers and ugly folk that is over...

NOW, we only have happy geezerx. 

image.png.9fd6005a185d84a4f56b4f38c3d4f6f7.png

image.png.9ee2c5818072f6b1ec982e42644c6686.png

MinecraftMichael23275 is in charge of town planning

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has been immortalised in block form as part of a Minecraft Education challenge to redesign Croydon.

The 2023 Design Future London Schools Challenge is a partnership between City Hall, Microsoft's Minecraft Education, and C40 Cities, and invites students to redesign Croydon town centre as a "greener, safer, and more prosperous place for everyone".

Khan features in the game as a non-player character to introduce the challenge.

Participating teams will need to produce a two minute video of their Croydon creation, explaining their vision. Full details available here.

Khan is chair of C40 Cities, a global network of city mayors aiming to tackle the climate crisis with science-backed targets.

"Creating a greener, fairer and more prosperous London for generations to come is a key priority of mine. Achieving my missions of tackling air pollution and reaching net zero carbon by 2030 are a huge part of this, so I'm thrilled to be getting help from the voices of tomorrow," said Khan.

"It was an honour to be rendered in blocks and join the Minecraft family to launch the Design Future London Schools Challenge to young Londoners. The London Minecraft World is a fun and engaging way for young Londoners to think critically about the built environment, collaborate with friends and peers, and be creative in showcasing their vision for the capital's future.

"I can't wait to see the brilliant ideas that come out of this challenge and wish all young Londoners taking part the very best of luck with their entries."

Croydon is London's southernmost borough with landmarks including the former Nestlé Tower and arts centre Fairfield Halls. It even has 327 listed buildings dating back to before Domesday records in 1086.

Minecraft has collaborated on a number of educational initiatives. Last year that included a partnership with The National Trust to recreate real-life castle ruins, and another with BBC Earth on a Frozen Planet game.[/url]

36 minutes ago, The Master said:

FngxfgkXkAAhqzy?format=jpg&name=large

The navy probably has a handful of working frigates and destroyers and a few out of date anti ship missiles, probably 2 or 3 subs in service.

The Raf would be lucky to scrape up 60 or 70 fighters, an 8 year wait for training and are scrapping their Hercules transporters to save money.

Not much that they can do tbf.

-----------------

That pop up urinal story reminded me of Shandon, thankfully Shandon is fine.

------------

I never thought that Andy's BBC interview could be topped until I read that.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

I never thought that Andy's BBC interview could be topped until I read that.

A photo of two people fitting easily into a bath to show it's too small for two and that isn't the same style of bath which was claimed in the trial.

Interesting approach.

4 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

A photo of two people fitting easily into a bath to show it's too small for two and that isn't the same style of bath which was claimed in the trial.

Interesting approach.

It doesn't prove anything anyway. Think of all the kids in the 70s and 80s who were conceived in the back of wee cars.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's this?

We, the taxpayer, paid £770+ in 2019 for the Rangers Armed Forces day thing, stands to reason it's verging on £1k with inflation et al.

Edited by 101

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

We, the taxpayer, paid £770+ in 2019 for the Rangers Armed Forces day thing, stands to reason it's verging on £1k with inflation et al.

f**k sake. A nonsense bag of shit.