Normal Island

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.374e06b1a49f81b99886be86003378d3.png

A 12th rate & more sinister version of those photo ops you see whenever the Mexican army bust some cartel member.

I've often said that if the Tories / Republicans really wanted to deal with the "problem" of illegal immigration, they would go after the people employing them rather than the workers themselves. I wonder how many of the...let's see, I count 10 immigration and police officers in the bottom right photo and what appears to be 1, 2 or even 3 others in the top pictures...even spoke sternly to the employer?

And the net cost to the taxpayers would be?

Edited by Shotgun

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I've often said that if the Tories / Republicans really wanted to deal with the "problem" of illegal immigration, they would go after the people employing them rather than the workers themselves. I wonder how many of the...let's see, I count 10 immigration and police officers in the bottom right photo and what appears to be 1, 2 or even 3 others in the top pictures...even spoke sternly to the employer?

And the net cost to the taxpayers would be?

It's an offence to employee an undocumented person in the UK so I'd like to think more than just a stern talking to was given. 

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's an offence to employee an undocumented person in the UK so I'd like to think more than just a stern talking to was given. 

I would imagine a large fine, and a very close eye on every employee they employ for the next who knows how many years.

If not shut down.

However, that's not news in the UK, it's the foreigner(bad) news that hits the headlines.

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I would imagine a large fine, and a very close eye on every employee they employ for the next who knows how many years.

If not shut down.

However, that's not news in the UK, it's the foreigner(bad) news that hits the headlines.

The last bit probably depends on which newspaper you read.  Which is why I never read any of them. 

(except the Mirror and Sun online as I need to keep up with whatever reality show shite is going on). 

Just now, hk blues said:

The last bit probably depends on which newspaper you read.  Which is why I never read any of them. 

(except the Mirror and Sun online as I need to keep up with whatever reality show shite is going on). 

Fortunately, I don't read any UK newspaper, however I see many quotes online, it's a shite show of negative foreigners bashing.

It's like reading the Thai media now. Bangkok Post to be more precise. 

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Fortunately, I don't read any UK newspaper, however I see many quotes online, it's a shite show of negative foreigners bashing.

It's like reading the Thai media now. Bangkok Post to be more precise. 

During my used-to-be frequent trips to Thailand I loved to read the Bangkok Post just for the crazy stories from the provinces - especially any stories with photies!  I still remember one with a guy who was doing a walk-through of his crime with his brief accompanying him - the brief was wearing a 70s style velvet suit with one of those frilly shirts below! 

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

If not shut down.

When the Mosque Kitchen in Edinburgh got done for employing undocumented workers they stopped being a "cash only" business and started accepting card payments

So at least there was some practical benefit for the general public

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

During my used-to-be frequent trips to Thailand I loved to read the Bangkok Post just for the crazy stories from the provinces - especially any stories with photies!  I still remember one with a guy who was doing a walk-through of his crime with his brief accompanying him - the brief was wearing a 70s style velvet suit with one of those frilly shirts below! 

It's not changed one IOTA.

I'll send you my favourite story of the day if you want?

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Fire Away!

ok, Monday was the start of our new law in driving.  It's a points system.

Everyone starts with 12 points and they will be deduced points per offence during the year.

Never mind, we all start again with 12 points next year.

First day in the wild west......540 folk got points taken off them......f**k I saw that much driving into town.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2479719/540-drivers-lose-points-on-day-1 

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

ok, Monday was the start of our new law in driving.  It's a points system.

Everyone starts with 12 points and they will be deduced points per offence during the year.

Never mind, we all start again with 12 points next year.

First day in the wild west......540 folk got points taken off them......f**k I saw that much driving into town.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2479719/540-drivers-lose-points-on-day-1 

What would justify 2 points - killing double figures in a single day?

I doubt such a system would work here as I read 50% of drivers don't have a licence in the 1st place!  As for insurance - better not to have as the driver with insurance will be left to pick up the tab regardless of fault.  Unless they're a foreigner in which case all bets are off - I'm sure you're familiar with that 'rule' down your way as well.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

What would justify 2 points - killing double figures in a single day?

I doubt such a system would work here as I read 50% of drivers don't have a licence in the 1st place!  As for insurance - better not to have as the driver with insurance will be left to pick up the tab regardless of fault.  Unless they're a foreigner in which case all bets are off - I'm sure you're familiar with that 'rule' down your way as well.

You're asking the same questions as me.

Ask for your second question, we have the same, less people have a drivers licence, and the ones who did apply, we handed with after an eye reaction test.

Nobody and I stress, NOBODY as a licence after a driving test!.....Folk I've spoke to today are saying, why should I get points deducted on rules I know nothing about...they have a point.

Just now, SlipperyP said:

You're asking the same questions as me.

Ask for your second question, we have the same, less people have a drivers licence, and the ones who did apply, we handed with after an eye reaction test.

Nobody and I stress, NOBODY as a licence after a driving test!.....Folk I've spoke to today are saying, why should I get points deducted on rules I know nothing about...they have a point.

How did they get the point though mate? If we knew that then we'd be halfway to answering the 1st question!

20 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.374e06b1a49f81b99886be86003378d3.png

A 12th rate & more sinister version of those photo ops you see whenever the Mexican army bust some cartel member.

Imagine having to write that Tweet. Proper inhales through teeth stuff.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's a lovely offer, but I have plenty for now, thanks

The girls will love it, buy this, wear it out tonight, I'm sure all the girls and maybe some boy:whistle will be asking for sure.  Good lucking man needs a good lucking gear! Final offer.

osum-0023__suave_sunset_summer_suit_01_l

Edited by SlipperyP