Normal Island

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

What was the comeback? I didn't watch the attached video, but was it the "have a guess?" tagline? 

Yeah.

"Quip"

"Perfect comeback"

Dear God. Imagine your job was having to write this obsequious shite.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah.

"Quip"

"Perfect comeback"

Dear God. Imagine your job was having to write this obsequious shite.

I used to work in a care home and, honestly, there were old folk with dementia who would come up with better lines than that. 

"older than my teeth, but younger than my tongue" was a decent effort, and knocks Charlie's effort out the park. 

On 15/10/2022 at 12:24, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was quite substantial, I don't think I could've lifted it in one piece.

Any outdoor jobby takes you by surprise when you see the amount of it lying there. Think it's because most of it usually wheechs round the u-bend and out if sight.

That's assuming one looks at it at all pre wipe.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Any outdoor jobby takes you by surprise when you see the amount of it lying there. Think it's because most of it usually wheechs round the u-bend and out if sight.

That's assuming one looks at it at all pre wipe.

If you don't look, how would you fill in your diary? You would just end up with a phone full of jobby pictures for no good reason. 

On 19/10/2022 at 10:59, Bairnardo said:

King Charles III taken back by schoolboy's cheeky question - quipping with perfect comeback (msn.com)

"Quipping with perfect comeback"

I see the Queens famous* amazing sense of humour has made it down to the heir.......

*utterly non existent. 

That wee boy better avoid any Parisian tunnels from now on...

23 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Wait... the President of Gabon is named 'Ali Bongo Ondimba'?

His dad was the previous President Omar Bongo. Imagine living in the kind of backward tinpot shithole where the job of head of state gets passed down like some kind of hereditary heirloom... 

The town he was born in is now called Bongoville and before converting to islam his name was Albert-Bernard so he was Bertie Bernie Bongo from Bongoville

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think it was this thread this was discussed on. Coroner says that there is no evidence Archie Battersbee took part in a Tik Tok challenge.

https://news.sky.com/story/no-evidence-archie-battersbee-took-part-in-tiktok-challenge-coroner-says-12741768

Looks like I young boy struggling with his own demons. And now a devastated parent who will likely turn her efforts and frustrations towards another target. 

All in all a very sad situation.  

John Oliver's piece on the monarchy in Last Week Tonight last night was pretty spectacular. Thoughts are that Sky will chicken out of showing it, as per the couple of jokes from the episode after Lizzie pegging it, in which case UK audiences get to see Winston Churchill going backwards down a water slide for 25 minutes to the Benny Hill theme.

Edited by MSU