Normal Island

a few treasured possessions (your desk, bookshelf and whatever Byzantine contraption you use to brew your fancy teas, for example)

It's called a gaiwan.

That's a great way of looking at it actually. There are definitely diminishing returns with a lot of items. I have been victim to the collector's mindset at times, but how much joy does the twentieth pair of trainers get you?

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Why wouldn't you just pish over the side of the boat?

I was fishing with my dad and his pal on the Lake of Menteith. Loads of boats around.

They told me that etiquette was the milk bottle, and not standing up, aiming for your nearest rival and seeing if your stream could reach their boat. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I took a shite in Tony Blair's back garden in Islington just before he became PM. Didn't know it was his till I saw it on the telly, the house that is, they didn't zoom in on the jobby.

Wait, there was a story on the news about someone taking a shit in Tony Blair's back yard?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Perhaps if you were close enough to home that you had to see it every day you could have just gone home and went to the toilet in a toilet rather than being a clatty b*****d and shitting in the street.

My brother was steaming drunk one night, and was at his own front door convinced his bladder would burst. Fumbling with keys was taking too long so he pished in his own garden. 

On 14/10/2022 at 06:02, SlipperyP said:

I have blackouts every day 

On 14/10/2022 at 08:35, scottsdad said:

We are here is you need us, Slips. One step at a time.

I didn't mind the blackouts so much, it was the bits in between I couldn't stick.

On 15/10/2022 at 11:38, Zetterlund said:

Shirley if we get to the point where blackouts become expected in the UK we need to be kicking the doors in and tipping the government oot on their arse.

We better hurry up though if we want to do it before they melt us all in a nuclear apocalypse.

That should have been done a while back tbh 

On 15/10/2022 at 13:22, coprolite said:

When I went on a sailing trip as a youngster, it was common courtesy to notify everyone else when you went for a shit at night. People would go on deck and watch it come out. When the shit was pumped out of the side of the boat it would light up green and leave a beautiful trail of sparkling bioluminescence as it sank.

Big team found.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I think I discussed shitting on a homeless mans bed after seeing Ash at the Barras so won't discuss it again. It happens 

I fucking hate Ash. 

They ruined my later years at secondary school as they were played on heavy rotation in the common room. Insipid pish. Being forced to watch them would make me shite in a busker's guitar case. 

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I fucking hate Ash. 

They ruined my later years at secondary school as they were played on heavy rotation in the common room. Insipid pish. Being forced to watch them would make me shite in a busker's guitar case. 

I saw them supporting the Darkness

They worked well in that context. Warming up the audience before the actual entertainment happened

On 15/10/2022 at 19:10, velo army said:

I saw a documentary on minimalism where the guys said that the issue we have as a society is not that we're too materialistic, but that we weren't materialistic enough. We don't treat the things we have with enough care and attention. Instead of having a few treasured possessions (your desk, bookshelf and whatever Byzantine contraption you use to brew your fancy teas, for example) we accumulate too many things to which we can't devote time and our consequent relationship with our possessions becomes more tenuous. 

Brought up with nothing, 

Give a child a weetie..

Give them a bike.

Give them a photo of there family....

The is only one thing they will keep. (after a month)

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

King Charles III taken back by schoolboy's cheeky question - quipping with perfect comeback (msn.com)

"Quipping with perfect comeback"

I see the Queens famous* amazing sense of humour has made it down to the heir.......

*utterly non existent. 

What was the comeback? I didn't watch the attached video, but was it the "have a guess?" tagline? 

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

What was the comeback? I didn't watch the attached video, but was it the "have a guess?" tagline? 

That is until one young boy chimes in with a very pressing question. He asks: "How old are you King Charles?"

And luckily, the ever witty King takes the question with a pinch of salt and quips the perfect comeback of: "Have a guess?"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂