Normal Island

Well I might have meant 'work' in the sense as it applies to the Royals. You know... informing the media that you are going to be somewhere for approximately five minutes, giving off the general impression of doing something even if it's unclear what exactly that something is and abundantly clear you've never done it before in your life, before buggering off on a private jet to some Caribbean Island for a month.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well I might have meant 'work' in the sense as it applies to the Royals. You know... informing the media that you are going to be somewhere for approximately five minutes, giving off the general impression of doing something even if it's unclear what exactly that something is and abundantly clear you've never done it before in your life, before buggering off on a private jet to some Caribbean Island for a month.

I'd be more of a Diana type, I think. Tipping off the media that I'll be up to something interesting, before lounging around in my scants in front of a plate glass window in full view of the street.

The monarchy's been too long without a male heartthrob.

I'm sure there must be some people dying of AIDS in a hospice somewhere that you could descend on in the middle of the night, having informed Max Clifford so that the 'paps' are there to capture it. Well, maybe no Max Clifford, but you get the jist.

I always wondered if she deliberately chose folk with terminal AIDS because she knew they'd be too infirm to get out of bed, boot her in the pie, and chuck her doon the stairs for barging in at 4am. Mind you, she was pretty handy at chucking herself doon the stairs by all accounts.

image.png.a359fcc6f5a5dc8025eb4646adc228a4.pngI remember when these two had to withdraw from public life as their grifting was deemed unacceptable - the bottom of the barrel is being scraped.

Sophie Wessex could get a new royal title which was once held by the late Queen Elizabeth, as her husband Prince Edward may take on his father's title of the Duke of Edinburgh.

See Stewart Lee's Grauniad column is accepting comments this week unlike last week's which was about the Queen in a tangential manner.

I kinda knew that contrarian views would be stamped on during the mourning period, although I found it cringeworthy, how soon will it be before we can express critical views of the RF - I know for a certain section of society (driven by the media) that'll be never but surely the left must be prepared to say somethin, anything now. 

22 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

They're an exceptionally strange family with a long history of weirdos and deviants.

Done their best to pretend this yin never existed -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent

Really?

17 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

"Working" never worked a day in his life 

“It is not a traditional, formal photo with the monarch sitting stiffly, facing forward at the desk. 

Instead he's seen as though captured in a moment of concentration“

”As though” is inadvertently honest for the Beeb. The world knows Charlie has all the powers of concentration of a hyperactive three year old. 

21 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'd be more of a Diana type, I think. Tipping off the media that I'll be up to something interesting, before lounging around in my scants in front of a plate glass window in full view of the street.

The monarchy's been too long without a male heartthrob.

I dunno mate; the bar has been set pretty high.

D4AC16EC-BF20-48D1-92A3-A2D3311CDAA1.jpeg