Normal Island

Honestly, I’m not obsessed about stories of the Queen being hilariously funny that are actually just stories about the Queen saying something. Some belters in here, with this one maybe the pick of the examples of the Queen saying something that is mistaken for humour:

The Queen had a similar experience at the Windsor Horse Show one year when a guard didn't recognize her and almost didn't permit her entry.

"Sorry, love. You can't come in without a sticker," he said. The Queen answered, "I think if you check, I will be allowed to come in!" And do you know what? She was.

https://cafemom.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-sense-of-humor

b46103b0abcc239d4a3e23bdfc3fc2f7.jpg

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Headline in the Telegraph

"Energy usage plunges as Britain stops in its tracks to watch the Queen’s funeral"

So, bury a monarch every day, energy crisis over.

Who could have predicted that shutting the majority of businesses around the country would have resulted in less energy being used?

18 hours ago, pub car king said:

Just woke up to the highlights on the news. All this and they've still not planted her. 

Will there be a family only do where they show a Christmas video of her shit faced falling into the tree and having a tear stained rant. 

Half-expecting King Chuckles 1/3rd to be accompanied by his maw's coffin, standing vertically beside him, when he turns up to do his Xmas Message.

A modern-day Iron Maiden.

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Headline in the Telegraph

"Energy usage plunges as Britain stops in its tracks to watch the Queen’s funeral"

So, bury a monarch every day, energy crisis over.

Conversely it surged in my street...seemed like everybody chose yesterday to cut their grass for some reason, myself included.

In other news, claims that 5.1 billion watched the thing yesterday, which is actually comfortably more than the figure of all the people in the world who actually have access to television.

14 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

My daughter asked why the queen was getting buried again tonight....the wife wasn't too happy when I told her it was just the highlights and Gary Lineker would be on in a minute to discuss it

Hate to be the one to tell you but there's a fair bit of pooping involved in childbirth

Dispatch of the Day