Normal Island

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Does anyone have any stories of mundane interactions with The Queen?

I don't, though apparently I once met Charles. I don't remember it though.

October 2009 or 2010. The home game against Macedonia. I was in Braemar with my pal at his dads place. They had gone up for the games and I cadged an invite. 

during the game the barman turned the telly off and asked us to turn around and we would see the queen in her car drive past. Turned around, saw her and Philip go past at break neck speed, within seconds someone was screaming at the guy to “get the fucking match back on.”

Rather surreal experience.

25 minutes ago, MSU said:

Honestly, I’m not obsessed about stories of the Queen being hilariously funny that are actually just stories about the Queen saying something. Some belters in here, with this one maybe the pick of the examples of the Queen saying something that is mistaken for humour:

The Queen had a similar experience at the Windsor Horse Show one year when a guard didn't recognize her and almost didn't permit her entry.

"Sorry, love. You can't come in without a sticker," he said. The Queen answered, "I think if you check, I will be allowed to come in!" And do you know what? She was.

https://cafemom.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-sense-of-humor

That article must be a piss take 😂

23 minutes ago, MSU said:

Honestly, I’m not obsessed about stories of the Queen being hilariously funny that are actually just stories about the Queen saying something. Some belters in here, with this one maybe the pick of the examples of the Queen saying something that is mistaken for humour:

The Queen had a similar experience at the Windsor Horse Show one year when a guard didn't recognize her and almost didn't permit her entry.

"Sorry, love. You can't come in without a sticker," he said. The Queen answered, "I think if you check, I will be allowed to come in!" And do you know what? She was.

https://cafemom.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-sense-of-humor

Aye, there's "a woman with a great sense of humour" getting confused with "a woman who occasionally used words to converse with other human beings", although the latter in itself seems to be an enduring source of wonderment to absolute morons.    

She turned up on my street three times

once I didn’t even bother to close the curtains so she may have seen me

I guess we’ll never know now

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Scots lingering outside Balmoral trying to put a positive "she loved this place and Scotland" spin on the Queen simply using it as a pre-existing royal place to dodge her troublesome subjects.

No cameras... no c**t there. 

I had just started a new job at a newly opened office and the Queen and the DoE were there for the official opening.  Being new, I didn't get the email about where we were meant to stand and I positioned myself next to some big cheeses of the company.  The Duke was introduced to these 3 guys, but wisely avoided me.  The Queen walked past without so much as a wink towards me.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have two. 

One day, walking home from college, I noticed an unusual crowd gathered round a hotel entrance. I asked why, I was told The Queen was there. So I waited about a minute, and a small old lady surrounded by some big guys in suits appeared and got in a fancy car. Underwhelmed, I walked home.

The second one was better. She was in town to "open" an outdoor stage and I was looking after the PA system for all the speeches etc. The microphone was there ready for her, she looked at me, pulled a wee chord to unveil a plaque, but didn't speak. So there's my claim to Royal fame, I nearly did sound for The Queen.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Her and Philip were driven past a pub beer garden me and some friends were in. One in particular had rushed out to be sick in a drain just as they went past.

34 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I have two. 

One day, walking home from college, I noticed an unusual crowd gathered round a hotel entrance. I asked why, I was told The Queen was there. So I waited about a minute, and a small old lady surrounded by some big guys in suits appeared and got in a fancy car. Underwhelmed, I walked home.

The second one was better. She was in town to "open" an outdoor stage and I was looking after the PA system for all the speeches etc. The microphone was there ready for her, she looked at me, pulled a wee chord to unveil a plaque, but didn't speak. So there's my claim to Royal fame, I nearly did sound for The Queen.

Is it true that she walked really fast? Because I heard she had some amount of pace.