Normal Island

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't know who the guys in suits are in front of the hearse but one of them is possibly the tallest man I have ever seen and is obviously struggling to take baby steps to march at the same pace as everyone else.

Not enough gore in the new Phantasm reboot imo

18 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I went out for a 4 hour hike to avoid it.  Get back in the house and it's still on.  WTF !! T

Guessing the purvy will be a disaster, the swan sausage rolls will be burnt and the sandwiches will be drying out.   

Ocelot tongue doesn't keep well either but they can use yon pickled quails eggs...

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Noemoji1.png. There was actually someone younger and much taller looking in another group! Maybe it was just those around him were smaller.

Aye I just watched the news and saw the guy who you were talking about! 😂

Another example of Her Madge's sparkling wit in a BBC article about the crown jewels and the care that has to be taken when wearing her crown while reading a speech:

In 2018, the Queen joked about how heavy the crown felt to wear.

"You can't look down to read the speech, you have to take the speech up, because if you did your neck would break," explained Her Majesty.

"There are some disadvantages to crowns, but otherwise they're quite important things."

Edited by MSU

3 minutes ago, MSU said:

Another example of Her Madge's sparkling wit in a BBC article about the crown jewels and the care that has to be taken when wearing her crown while reading a speech:

"You can't look down to read the speech, you have to take the speech up, because if you did your neck would break," explained Her Majesty.

"There are some disadvantages to crowns, but otherwise they're quite important things."

Comments such as this are what made Her Majesty's bond with the artisanal classes so strong and so long-lasting.

Huzzah !.................................

10 minutes ago, MSU said:

How amusing, whimsical and relatable.

Just woke up to the highlights on the news. All this and they've still not planted her. 
Will there be a family only do where they show a Christmas video of her shit faced falling into the tree and having a tear stained rant. 
The family only show will be hilarious videos of her and Phillip firing brown people from a cannon, at a target made of live foxes tied together with a rope made of £100 notes

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, pub car king said:
Just woke up to the highlights on the news. All this and they've still not planted her. 
Will there be a family only do where they show a Christmas video of her shit faced falling into the tree and having a tear stained rant. 

The family only show will be hilarious videos of her and Phillip firing brown people from a cannon, at a target made of live foxes tied together with a rope made of £100 notes

More likely to be like Reynholm's pre-recorded funeral video in the IT Crowd where she says something along the lines of "now that the public are away I can tell you that there's a £300m slush fund in Andrew's name..."

Andrew: Turn that off...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.41bea8d3bd7f1676c4ce12de09921537.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I just heard that my friend lost her nonagenarian grandmother last night

I was trying to express condolences but it’s difficult after al the artifice of the last week it feels as if the very language of grief has been debased 

I know exactly what you mean. I lost my nonagenarian Dad last year. Simple (but painful) grief was the order of the day. What we've seen this last week is off the scale. Pure theatre. 

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was trying to express condolences but it’s difficult after al the artifice of the last week it feels as if the very language of grief has been debased 

bruce-forsyth-tv-times.gif

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The whole circus has actually made me very angry. Just a few hours before her death was announced Westminster was discussing what help the nation would get towards crippling increases in energy bills. We also have a war on mainland Europe and environmental disasters in other countries to name but a few. 

Since that Thursday evening though you could be forgiven for thinking that everything else has been hold while we have all been expected to grieve the death of a 96 year old who lived a very privileged lifestyle. If I wasn’t a republican 10 days ago I certainly am now!