Normal Island

21 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Deid maw is a shield for noncery. Mind in the Louis Theroux doc Savile has his old dear’s room left spotless and exactly as was.

I thought she would have removed the rotted corpse of the ten year old boy who was tied to the bed!  

Much as reading this thread has kept some sense of perspective in view of the media coverage this last week, and I do sincerely thank all of you for that, I'm about to piddle copiously on everyone's chips ... I'm off out to the football now.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Seen on twitter folk saying their work has closed and they aren't getting paid. That's a complete shambles, if you are so keen to be seen to "do the right thing" but quietly don't pay your staff for their rostered hours then you are a complete melt and I hope with the job market is so tight your staff leave you for a better employer. This country 🤯.

I'm on a contract with an agency and they have said they're paying us and not out of our accrued holiday hours.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness having a paedo son can be costly.  Better to have a few quid behind you.

Not that costly if you don’t have to dip into your hundred of millions and can instead get the British public to pay for his noncery. 

If I paid tax in the UK I would be fucking livid, instead I am merely very annoyed. 

I heard a lot of folk saying they were in the queue to see the coffin so that they could say they were there, and that it would somehow make a great story to tell.

I'd like to see them try to tell the story and how they could make 'stood in a queue for 24 hours then shuffled past a coffin, that was it' sound great and in any way noteworthy.

Also I saw someone mention that there will no doubt be some sort of dreadful fillm about the queue. If so, may I suggest 'Queue Men and a Little (dead) Lady' as a title?

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard a lot of folk saying they were in the queue to see the coffin so that they could say they were there, and that it would somehow make a great story to tell.

I'd like to see them try to tell the story and how they could make 'stood in a queue for 24 hours then shuffled past a coffin, that was it' sound great and in any way noteworthy.

Also I saw someone mention that there will no doubt be some sort of dreadful fillm about the queue. If so, may I suggest 'Queue Men and a Little (dead) Lady' as a title?

20220919_154556.jpg

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard a lot of folk saying they were in the queue to see the coffin so that they could say they were there, and that it would somehow make a great story to tell.I

Whether it’s a good story or not you could just tell it anyway 

who’s going to bother checking