Normal Island

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been a coffin bearer a couple of times and can only remember thinking "don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it..."

Just imagine if you did it in front of this audience.  Oh get a good mental picture...

I did it for my mum last year. The cold fear of tripping mixed with the numbness of 'I'm actually having to do this' is horrible.

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Shame on any of you who has spent the last 10 days complaining about this shitfest and is now watching the fucking thing live. 😂

I'm on a beach in Spain, but f**k up you judgemental c**t. Some will be watching for the chortles. 

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been a coffin bearer a couple of times and can only remember thinking "don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it..."

Just imagine if you did it in front of this audience.  Oh get a good mental picture...

I was a coffin bearer for the first time a couple of weeks ago for my uncle.

"Don't drop it, don't drop it etc" was pretty much my thought process. Along with how horrible it was to have to do that for someone who was not even that old, and should have still been enjoying his retirement and his gardening instead of being carried into the crematorium.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been informed that the BBC turned the bagpipes right down so you couldn't hear them, and then turned the volume back up again for the organ.  The other half certainly wasn't impressed with that one.

Before Google maps, if you were in Edinburgh and heard bagpipes, you were either on the Royal Mile or Princes Street, as good a reason as any to avoid both.

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

Been saying this for years. The monarchy is the biggest con job going in the UK (and that’s saying something). Whilst the aristocracy was losing ground, losing their palaces, and losing their money, the government and top tier of the aristos somehow convinced a gullible public that they, the royals, are integral to society.

Witness the number of reprobates who genuinely have been brainwashed into believing that blue-bloods are part of their “identity”; that the plethora of pointless, made-up “duties” are of vital national importance; that despite not having a clue what the monarch thought about anything, she was simply wise and good. You even routinely see these thick c***s claiming she was “worth every penny”, in the same way cultists will defend their leader to the death.

The biggest confidence trick these dirty b*****ds have ever pulled is convincing folk that they’re necessary, benevolent, and think just like them.

I like the line that she displayed incredible discipline and respect towards her constitutional role, by never voicing her opinions.  Nobody seems prepared to consider that she lacked the wit to hold any.

Edited by Monkey Tennis